Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
robjoy88
FlashFXP Registered User

Default A few questions from a new user

Hi all,
I've recently purchased FlashFXP and there are a few questions I'd like to ask.

1. How does the licensing system work? I've read that you can use it on three computers you own, but on the site there is the possibility to create a new retail key. Can you use the first key to activate the other 2 copies, or do you have to create a key for each, including a portable copy? If yes, is it possible to deactivate a key, in case you move a local installation to an other pc?

2. I have a website, which I'd like to back up weekly. Is there a way to download only the changed files, delete non-existing files from the local copy, i.e. a synchronize directories feature?

3. I see that while uploading, FlashFXP sets file dates according to the local copy. Is there a way to turn this off, i.e. just have the upload date as the file date?

Cheers,
Rob
Old 05-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

1. Retail keys are sold to resellers who pass them onto end users. A Retail key is a way for us to distribute generic serial numbers that can be used to create a FlashFXP registration key.

Personal registration keys can be used on up to four computers (originally three). We provide a single registration key which can then be used on each computer.

When you enter the registration key into the FlashFXP software it will then connect to our authentication servers to validate the registration key and associate it with your computer. Each time you enter your registration key into FlashFXP on a different machine this counts against the number of installations.

From time to time FlashFXP will perform a update check to check for a new version, the update check is a beacon that lets the authentication server know that the license is still being used on the machine. Machines associated with your license key that are no longer using FlashFXP will automatically deactivate after a unspecified amount of time.

We also have a fail-safe via the customer portal that lets customers reset the activation limit after the limit has been reached.

The same registration key can be used for any edition of FlashFXP, you can mix and match standard or portable installations.

2. This can be done with the proper configuration. This involves creating a queue file that contains the folders you want to download. Editing the queue items to activate one way synchronization with delete. Creating a scheduled task, defining the schedule, selecting the previously saved queue file, using custom file transfer rules to skip files that are equal in date and/or size.

3. This can be configured on the File Transfer Rules dialog (Options > File Transfer Rules), Click on the Preserve File Date tab and uncheck Upload.

For #2 to work you'll need to make sure you have preserve file date checked for downloads (assuming you're comparing the file date/time in your transfer rules.)
Old 05-03-2013, 02:54 AM   #3
robjoy88
FlashFXP Registered User

Hello,

Thank you very much!

Rob
Closed Thread

Tags
download, flashfxp, key, local, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: