Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
walker1973
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default FlashFXP 4.3.1 build 1953 Reject Key after Live Update Check

I installed this Version, after Live Update is running FlashFXP reject my key and told me i will check my download source and direct me to this page https://oss.azurewebsites.net/download.
I think you have not update database with new build number, i have this seen earlier in beta4 versions.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. You are 100% correct.

Due to a small change with the website (php upgrade w/ some minor config changes) the script that adds the exe integrity hash to the lookup table was silently erroring. As a result the exe hash was not added.

I have updated the hash table and I am currently investigating why this issue went unnoticed. My build/packaging app should of thrown a big warning/error message.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
rco133
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Hi.

Am running build 1951, and when I check for new version I am told there is none.

Seems like 1953 is out though.

Is it not available as update yet?

rco133
Old 04-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I am working to resolve one pending issue before rolling out an update via LiveUpdate.

The main reason that I went ahead and released 1953 was to address a small issue with the installer that effected new installations.

The other changes are a couple very minor crashes based on user submitted bug reports. (a crash when importing sites from other ftp clients, and a couple drawing glitches.)
Old 04-23-2013, 04:25 AM   #5
Oldbunny
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by rco133 View Post
Hi.

Am running build 1951, and when I check for new version I am told there is none.

Seems like 1953 is out though.

Is it not available as update yet?

rco133
Have the same Issue as above..
Old 04-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

This issue was resolved around 08:13 AM CST on 04-20-2013 when I posted my first reply.

After you re-enter your license key this should not be an issue.

If you're still experiencing problems please let me know.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
brandenborg
FlashFXP Registered User

You already know this. But I am running build 1951, and get told that there are not updates.

Just bringing it to your attention
Old 04-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

These updates have not filtered down to LiveUpdate yet.

We try to limit our liveupdate releases to 1 or 2 maintenance releases a month unless the issue is critical, unless they're critical or beta updates due to a number of customers complaining that we're pushing out updates too quickly.

Often times these updates contain 1 or 2 minor fixes or changes, we like to bundle as many as possible into the liveupdate releases. This also gives us more time to test the changes we made before rolling them out to existing customers.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #9
brandenborg
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
These updates have not filtered down to LiveUpdate yet.

We try to limit our liveupdate releases to 1 or 2 maintenance releases a month unless the issue is critical, unless they're critical or beta updates due to a number of customers complaining that we're pushing out updates too quickly.

Often times these updates contain 1 or 2 minor fixes or changes, we like to bundle as many as possible into the liveupdate releases. This also gives us more time to test the changes we made before rolling them out to existing customers.
Thank you for pointing that out for me
Old 04-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Here's a good example as to why I don't immediately push out stable builds to LiveUpdate. (this release was pushed out to beta testers)

Yesterday 4.3.1 build 1956 was released as stable on the website (couple minor fixes) turns out one of the fixes contained unexpected flaw that didn't appear on any of my test machines and as a result drag/drop file transfers were adding a null character to the filenames, this null was in turn converted to a _ (underscore) on all file transfers.

Now today a fix was released in build 1957.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #11
mats_k
FlashFXP Registered User

ok,
I am running 4.3.1 build 1951.
Just returned to my comp after a new clone. The other ssd went crazy.
But if I run live update I still get no updates.
Any reason why?

win7, 64-bit
registered flashfxp 4.3.1 build 1951
Old 06-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Though why anyone would complain that bugs are fixed and updates are released, is beyond any acceptable logic.

Updates need to propagate in the delivery network you reasonably should allow 24 hours from release time before noting no updates are available.

Your setting in the liveupdate also matter if you only want stable "stable" releases then you only get notifications of such, if you allow more flexibility in the settings then maybe you get other updates.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #13
mats_k
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3 View Post
Though why anyone would complain that bugs are fixed and updates are released, is beyond any acceptable logic.

Updates need to propagate in the delivery network you reasonably should allow 24 hours from release time before noting no updates are available.
Ok, thanks for the reply X3.
The current release is "4.3.1 build 1983 - Stable Release". Then nothing major has happened since last 1951??
I just asked why not my release from "mar 26" could be updated by LiveUpdate.
Since last update is from "6/10/2013"
What about your logic and 24 hours? It has been 3 months since the LiveUpdate.
LOL
Old 06-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Arrow

tbh I didnt read it was 3 months as I would expect any person to reply within a reasonable time for some sort of continuation. I guess my logic is flawed in that scenario (and also didnt notice your reviving a 3 month old post) hence, why I said the setting in liveupdate in Flashfxp also matter.

IIRC just because a update is on site as the latest download e.g. the 1983 build, it does absolutely not mean that is the latest stable release available on liveupdate with normal settings, or so I understand. Some of these builds are only on liveupdate if you have stable and beta releases checked. See screenshot

For sure there is are discrepancies between what is on download and via liveupdate for different reasons, yet the differences exist and if you want to gain these updates change your settings to accept beta builds too and decide then if you want to download the update offered or not when you read the changelog.

Here whats been going on since build 1951 to build 1983 (most notable changes form changelog)

Code:
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1983
This update includes a few translation updates.
A fix for a glitch in the internal text editor when searching backwards (UP) which resulted in the wrong text being selected.
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1982
Fixed thousands separator issue resulting in trunicated results when any numerical value was string formatted with a thousands separator.
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1981
Fixed bug with the folder bookmarks crashing on dropdown. (take two)
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1979
Fixed bug with the folder bookmarks crashing on dropdown.
Fixed a bug with how the loss of connection is handled when setting the date/time of a remote file.
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1978
Fixed two issues that could cause synchronized browsing to malfunction and become out of sync.
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1977
Improved error handling and recovery in the event of a connection loss during rename and chmod operations.
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1975
Fixed a complex issue that resulted in files being uploaded into the wrong location on the remote server. Specifically if the connection was lost while making a remote folder a series of safety checks would fail to detect that the connection was lost before executing a fragment of code that was intended to handle situations where the remote server renames the folder to suit the server file system, this code inadvertently changed the target path to an incorrect location. To address this issue additional safety checks have been added to verify and validate the reply to the make directory command and the connection status state.
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1971
Fixed a rare drawing issue in the user interface that effected a small number of users, resulting in overlapping elements where the previous elements were not erased. 
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1970
Fixed: An access violation error in SHLWAPI.dll when sorting the queue list or file list. 
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1969
A couple more tweaks to the synchronized browsing feature to prevent out of sync issues. Please let me know if the problems persist.
New global hot-key Ctrl+Shift+/ will change the toolbar background to a random solid color, this can be used to help identify which window is which. (experimental feature)
Fixed several crashes based on user submitted bug reports. Please remember to include a description when submitting bug reports.
Fixed several crashes when closing FlashFXP while the Server file search dialog is active.
Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed raw commands via the command line input to be executed while FlashFXP was busy performing an operation.
New feature, when a raw command is executed via the raw command line input and FlashFXP is busy performing an operation the raw command will be en-queued. (experimental feature)
Added the ability to set the toolbar background to a custom solid color (no styling) via the Preferences dialog > Interface > Toolbar > background. (experimental feature)
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1967
Fixed an issue with global/per-site file transfer rules not applying to scheduled tasks, instead the scheduled task was always applying the task defined file transfer rules, even if none were defined.
Fixed scheduled task > new/edit task > schedule tab, the repeat task until setting was allowed to be unchecked on Windows versions prior to Vista, however only Vista and up do not require this setting to be filled in. (This is specific to the Windows Task Scheduler and newer versions of Windows have additional features not found on older versions)
Fixed an issue where a scheduled task using a dynamic queue would create a temporary queue file each time the task was run.
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1966
Fixed several issues with remote edits.

* If a remote edit is performed while offline on a file that was previously opened via remote edit in the same session a file modification was detected and triggered an automatic upload. (when the default action on save is set to upload)

* Under some rare conditions If the connection to the server is lost while downloading a file for remote edit then FlashFXP could sometimes mistake this for a successful download. Combined with the previous bug this could result in erasing the remote file.

* Under some conditions the "active edits" window failed to redraw the file list after a failed upload and the 'modified' indicator wasn't drawn.

* On the "active edits" window the button that switches the view between current edits and all edits didn't always add previously edited files to the current edits view.
Fixed remote file list item selection; after moving a file/folder via drag/drop the next item in the list appeared to be selected and focused but the correct state was only focused.
Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent a ftp upload from being resumed after losing connection to the server.
Local browser "On keyboard: Enter Key" now properly handles multiple file selections.
Fixed multiple issues with the synchronized browsing feature that sometimes resulted in out of sync browsing.
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1957
Fixed drag/drop issue where the returned filename ended in a null character. Some users saw this issue appear as the filename being modified on upload as file.ext_ where the null was replaced with a _
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1956
Updated installer engines for the standard and portable releases.
Update: 4x speed improvement when transferring with ProFTPd/mod_sftp server.
Fixed: File list item selection glitch when switching focus between windows or scrolling an unfocused file list and then clicking on the item below the cursor.
Fixed: Rare crash when dragging files into FlashFXP.
Fixed: Added some additional clean up code to help prevent "System Error. Code: 8." crashes. More info at <http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=100600>
FlashFXP 4.3.1.1951
Fixed: Drag/drop from local browser and explorer to the remote browser.
Fixed: Command line switch /restorequeue was not working correctly.
Fixed: Issue with viewing UTF-8/non-latin characters in filenames.

Last edited by X3; 06-14-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #15
mats_k
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3 View Post
tbh I didnt read it was 3 months as I would expect any person to reply within a reasonable time for some sort of continuation. I guess my logic is flawed in that scenario hence, why I said the setting in liveupdate in Flashfxp also matter,

And iirc just because a update is on site as the latest download e.g. the 1983 build, it does absolutely not mean that is the latest stable release available on liveupdate with normal settings, or so I understand. Some of these builds are only on liveupdate if you have stable and beta releases checked.
LOL
DID not read since 3 months old.
And " I would expect any person to reply within a reasonable time".
Please read the questions asked before you answer them Mister!!!

Let me repeat the scenario X3 so you understand.
1. My ssd went crazy
2. My clone ssd hooked up to the world
3. I went to LiveUpdate and got no update to my build 1951
4. Then I got to this forum and asked why no update since 1951
5. You answered. But you did not readmy first post.Then I answered back.
6. Conclusion.
Read the posts before answer!
LOL

*EDIT*
And if I had read your post above then mine answer would have been different.
Please close this thread!
* EDIT 2 *
Since you change answers on the go as I do
:-)

Last edited by mats_k; 06-14-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
check, download, flashfxp, reject, update

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: