Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
chris22
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Help with transfer rule processing

I need a method for checking a file to make sure it has been updated before transferring it and overwriting an existing file.

I have a cron job that runs and updates a file. Since I cannot kick off FlashFXP from the cron job, and timing can vary slightly, and I need the files transferred as soon as they are updated, but not before. I'm trying to find a way to make this work using File Transfer rules.

Here is what I would like to happen:

1. Start the transfer. Check the file date. If the destination file is the same date (file has not been update), wait 10 seconds and look again. Repeat this 24 times, then fail.

2. Once the file date is the same, wait 10 seconds (ideal but not required) then transfer.

This could be done in a script - but FlashFXP does not have this.

Thoughts on a solution?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

You can create a queue with a delay between file transfers, currently there is no way to adjust the logic based on the result of the file transfer rule.

Steps to create the queue.

1. Queue the file you want to transfer.
2. Right-click on the remote file list and from the popup menu Enqueue > Raw Command, From the Raw command prompt enter "Delay 10" and then click the OK button. (This will delay 10 seconds before processing the next item in the queue).

Repeat these steps for as many times as you want to retry the transfer, i.e. 24 times.

Save the queue file.

Now when the queue is run it will apply the file transfer rules and transfer or skip the file.
Next FlashFXP will delay 10 seconds and then proceed to the next entry in the queue.
Closed Thread

Tags
date, file, flashfxp, transfer, transfer rules

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: