Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
DawnG

Default 'Transferred' But Not Transferred

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, and I am not so technologically advanced as most of you....so please be gentle I understand certain info is needed for certain questions, but I don't know if this is one of them, and where to find this info....

I have been using FlashFTP for a few years now, and I absolutely love it. Never a problem....until recently.

I moved to a new host/server and when uploading a large amount of files at once, I keep getting the error "Socket Error: (10054): connection reset by peer". I never had this problem before. My new host insists I am using PASV mode, and I sent her screen shots telling her I am not. The last large upload of my live help software, the errors were fewer but I was still getting them. I have to shut down the program with things in queue and then reboot and then they tranfer......until later on when I get the error again. Rinse and repeat....

BUT today I upgraded when prompted, and now my files will not upload. I get all the right info saying it has been uploaded, but the changes I make to html files are not there. When I look at the time of the last file change, it was several attempts prior. I have been shutting down and rebooting the program....but no change

Any ideas......
Attached Images
File Type: gif flashftp.gif (18.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

According to that screenshot you NOT using PASV mode.
You might actually want to consider enabling it and see if it works better for you.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
DawnG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon View Post
According to that screenshot you NOT using PASV mode.
You might actually want to consider enabling it and see if it works better for you.
Ok....I am game to try anything. But do you have any idea why it would be indicating that the file has been uploaded but it hadn't ?
Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
DawnG

I changed to PASV mode, but I am still not able to upload files....at least most of the time. After about a dozen attempts just now, only twice did it upload this one simple html file. FlashFTP is telling me it has been uploaded, but the changes are not there and the time of the last transfer for this file is minutes before. What can I do ?
Old 03-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

According to the FTP server session the file is transferred successfully.

You can change the data connection mode via the Site Manager > Options Tab

Quote:
When I look at the time of the last file change, it was several attempts prior
FlashFXP by default is configured to preserve the file date/time on transfer, After upload the file time/date is set on the server to match the date/time of the local file.

This is required if you intend to evaluate the file transfer rules based on date/time, otherwise it can be disabled globally via Options > File Transfer Rules or per-site via the Site Manager.

Under Preserve File Date uncheck all that apply and then click the OK button to save your changes.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
DawnG

Thanks BigStar....but this is what I see. I don't want to touch anything unless I know what I am doing. I just tried to upload the file again, but no changes
Attached Images
File Type: gif FTP-3.gif (26.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

DawnG, at the lower part of the screen there are 2 tabs "Advanced Settings" and "Preserve File Date". Bigstar's screenshot shows you the 2nd tab on which you should consider un-checking appropriate options.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
DawnG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon View Post
DawnG, at the lower part of the screen there are 2 tabs "Advanced Settings" and "Preserve File Date". Bigstar's screenshot shows you the 2nd tab on which you should consider un-checking appropriate options.
Thanks MxxCon and BigStar....that is what I needed to know. I am so afraid of touching anything that could blow up in my face. Hopefully that fixed my mini drama
Closed Thread

Tags
error, files, info, problem, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: