Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
MrVon

Default Find modified files.

Is there way to open 2 ftp's and then compare files to see whats modified. including sub folders?
when i have like 35 folders with bunch of sub folders i would have to use compare folder feature 500 times or more.

Would be nice to have some filter e.g. like filter in "compare folder content" tool but to just set custom date and it would filter out all files modified prior to that date and time for entire ftp so you can drag them to another ftp/folder and transfer only fresh files.

Last edited by MrVon; 02-17-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

have you considered enabling synchronized browsing and hiding matching entries?

alternatively just queue up files/folders you want to transfer and configure 'file transfer rules' to work the way you want to.

also you've been using flashfxp for at least 2 years now, isn't it time to buy it?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
MrVon

I wanna buy it just to remove trial message and time out but money is short kind of and when i tried to buy my card was not working for some reason. i might buy next week trough 7eleven... but now i am on 136th day of 30 days trial and they somehow still let me use the program

I cannot set transfer rules because i cannot FXP that ftp does not support it and i have to copy to my local computer first.

same for sync browsing.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Site Manager > Transfer Tab > Site to Site Method.. Select Indirect.. This will make your manual process more automatic. By combining the two steps, first downloading the file to a temporary file and then uploading it to the target FTP server, finally deleting the temporary file.

This feature is somewhat experimental and we're dying for feedback and suggestions.
Closed Thread

Tags
compare, files, ftp, ftps, modified

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: