Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
djcobp
FlashFXP Registered User

Default flashfxp slow start

Is anybody else having problems with flashfxp taking a really long time to load up? it takes a min of 1-2 minutes before it shows up on my desktop. Is it just me, or anyone else experiencing this. If it's me, i'll have to check my drive again. I have had a couple problems with my main drive. fyi i have several external drives on my vista home system.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

What version/build of FlashFXP are you using?

There are a couple things that can result in a slow start up.

1. When you start FlashFXP the local browser opens the default download folder, for best performance this folder should be on a local hard drive and contain as few files/folders as possible. Most real-time anti-virus scanners will scan the content in this folder when you start FlashFXP which can increase load times.

The default download folder can be configured via Options > Preferences > General.

2. Hide the navigation tree in the local file browser. This is recommend for people who do not use the navigation tree. Its there if you absolutely need it but we have seen that on some computers this can increase the start up time by 20-30%.

If after changing these you still don't see an improvement in the start up time please let us know.

Please include the following:
FlashFXP version/build:
Windows OS Version:
Antivirus software/Version:
Firewall software/Version:
Hardware CPU/Memory:
And any additional information that you think might be relevant.
Closed Thread

Tags
drive, flashfxp, problems, slow, start

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: