Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
Zhifu
FlashFXP Registered User

Default [SOLVED] Keyboard raw commands/shortcut and 'site color' issues.

FlashFXP 4.1.8 (build 1703) on Vista SP2 64-bit and 7 SP1 64-bit.

1. Keyboard raw commands/shortcuts.
I have issues using Ctrl + <cmd> commands; often they don't seem to register and when I press the shortcut nothing happens. For example Ctrl + R for Raw Command (quote) or a custom command Ctrl + W for 'site who'.
Sometimes Ctrl + R begins to work if I press Ctrl + B first and then hit esc. To get Ctrl + W to work I have to press Ctrl + B, hit esc, press Ctrl + R and then hit esc again.
It's hard for me to describe this further since I can't really pin-point why this would happen and it feels a bit random and once in a while it works just fine at start-up. This goes back a few months and since I don't use it that very often it was not of much concern, but now it's starting to get really annoying...

2. Site color.
Well, this is rather trivial, but it started a month or two ago with the text rows in the transfer window having an extra empty row under them when 'site color' is turned on. If I turn off 'site color' the transfer window lists text as usual and if I resize the FlashFXP window in any way while I'm experiencing the issue, the extra row disappears and it's displayed as expected.

How it's not supposed to look:
http://i.imgur.com/NFcad.png
How it's supposed and used to look (same as above after resize of FlasFXP):
http://i.imgur.com/fACqR.png
Another example, slightly different from above:
http://i.imgur.com/ELHgm.png

If there's any additional info you might need let me know and I'll provide it.

Thanks in advance,
Z

Last edited by Zhifu; 01-23-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Just the other day I discovered the following issue and it is fixed in the latest beta, I do believe that the issue you are experiencing is directly related.

Fixed: [console/ANSI parser] The ANSI color parser used in the status window contained a flaw that attempted to read past the end of the string resulting in unpredictable crashes.

To download the latest beta of FlashFXP.
From within FlashFXP > Options > Preferences > LiveUpdate > Release Type > Beta and click the OK button, then Help > Check for new version.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
Zhifu
FlashFXP Registered User

Hey bigstar,

Thanks for the reply. I can confirm that the fixed ANSI parser described no longer has the color issues. Now for issue #1...

Z
Old 01-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The shortcut ctrl+r is multipurpose, in the sense that when the queue window is focused ctrl+r will reset the selected failed transfers, now when any other control in the window is focused ctrl+r will function to send a raw command. Off hand I am not sure if this is a oversight or the intended behavior, typically commands do not share the same shortcut, however we are quite limited when it comes to simple shortcuts.

When assigning shortcuts to custom commands we do not recommend overriding any application shortcuts, ctrl+w is used for toggling synchronized browsing.

I suspect that the behavior of the shortcut is switching between the custom command and the application shortcut depending on which one is allowed during the current state of FlashFXP.

I would recommend assigning alt+key or alt+ctrl+key for shortcuts used in custom commands.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #5
Zhifu
FlashFXP Registered User

Hey again,

This is exactly what was happening to me and would also explain why I out of the blue had Synchronized Browsing enabled (Ctrl-W). I have changed my commands to Alt- and they now work fine. :-)

Ctrl-R with the queue window focused only works if a failed transfer is also selected. With nothing selected I'd expect the Raw Command to pop up instead. Though, I suppose this is an issue with any 'universal' command.
Maybe a future keyboard command UI where we could freely choose? Or a warning when we bind a command over a [universal] command already in use.

In the end, I'm glad this was 'solved' for me and I thank you deeply for your help.
Closed Thread

Tags
color, command, keyboard, raw, shortcut

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: