Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
MrVon

Default New Line Caracter after upload

I have created file with Notepad++ in ANSI encoding and end of line caracter for UNIX/LINUX then i save it and close and reopen settings are still same encoding is ANSI and EOL is UNIX.

After i upload it to FTP trough FlashFXP v4.1.4 and download it back it opens as enc is ANSI and EOL is Dos\Windows. I wonder if you can tell me if this flash fxp's thing or server (CentOS 5.5) and how to fix it?

It does not seems like FlashFXP setting for caracter encoding does any difference tot his process, because its not encoding is wrong, but line breaks.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

tell flashfxp to transfer your file as binary. that will prevent this windows/unix end of line conversion.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
MrVon

This solves one problem with the lines yet adds another with the encoding if i use ANSI or "UTF-8 without BOM" it turns to ISO 8859-1.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

if you transfer a file as binary, flashfxp does not touch its content. if you see some conversion going on, perhaps your server is doing that.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
MrVon

Got it will check. By the way changing transfer mode requires FlashFXP restart.

Is there any advantage of using ASCII mode why they even have it there?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

If you want to edit the file in a standard windows text editor that doesn't natively support UNIX text formatted files then you'll need to use ASCII mode to convert the file from UNIX text mode to DOS text mode.

If you use a text editor such as notepad++ then you don't have to worry too much about using ASCII mode provided you edit the file in the correct text mode. In notepad++ you can convert between DOS and UNIX text mode. Some configuration files on UNIX servers must be saved UNIX text mode so you need to make sure the file is in the right format before saving it.

Changing the global default transfer mode does require a restart. I see that this is missing from the help file, I will add this information, thank you.
Closed Thread

Tags
download, encoding, flashfxp, ftp, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: