Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 03:19 AM   #1
Elric1977

Default Proxy Server in ini file & Virtual Machines

Hi,

I've re-packaged your application for deployment to a corporate environment.

As part of the packaging process, I have included 3 proxies we need to set for our
users in a "default" flashfxp.ini that will be deployed to our users. This is a common requirement for corporate applications, whereby users should not need to configure a thing and the application should work, "out of the box".

The problem is, the application appears to work fine on physical machines, but is unable to negotiate the proxy servers on Virtual Machines.

I have tried deleteing the proxy server info, and then re-inserting it, however this never works on the VM. The info is inserted correctly in the application, however I note that the details in the proxy server section of the .ini change to a different value every time you specify a proxy. (the code changes)

I'm using the exact same ini file on VM's as Physical machines, so why would the machine being Virtual make any difference to how the proxy server information is read by the application?

Also, moving forward, can you make it possible to specify the proxies as part of a silent setup process and set a default? As stated above, this is a common requirement in a corporate environment.

Please find the ini file enclosed in a zip

regards

Alastair

Last edited by bigstar; 10-14-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Perhaps it's not the problem with FlashFXP but your VM's networking setup?
In that VM have you tried entering proxy info from within FlashFXP itself?
Old 10-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

You might want to verify the setup in the VM and make sure the changes you make are being saved. Since you repackaged FlashFXP did this include removing the installer, if so perhaps the proper configuration isn't being set in your installer.

The details section of the [proxy] is hidden using a a random bit shifting xor encryption.

If you create a master flashfxp.ini with your tailored settings and then use it as part of the install process it should work without any problems.
Closed Thread

Tags
application, machines, proxy, server, users

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: