Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #16
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Super Hamster: I can't explain it, if I could it would make my life much easier.

I'm not saying v4.1 is perfect, clearly some users have seen a decrease in transfer speeds.

What TCP/IP buffer sizes are you using in 4.1 and in 3.6? Have you tried different sizes? If not I would suggest you do that. When changing the TCP/IP buffer size you need to be disconnected from the FTP server for the change to take effect.

Also make sure that you have MODE Z compression turned off in FlashFXP.

In addition it would be helpful to know specifically what FTP server you're using to test against, not all FTP servers are created equally and some perform better than others under certain conditions.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #17
TBolley
FlashFXP Beta Tester

i have realy no clue wheres the problem, on my other machine works perfect, on the other download works perfect and upload suxx as hell.

ftp server was on some linux machine, tested on 2 different glftpd & proftpd same results

download works fast upload makes me realy ill.

will do some new movie (avi) to see whats going on

Last edited by TBolley; 10-11-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #18
Super Hamster

I've tried to play with different buffer sizes and compression mode off earlier but didn't had any luck on v4.1. In v3.6 I have default buffer size for upload. I think it doesn't matter what type of server used coz on another computer upload speed is OK at the same server and connection! It's 99% FlashFXP bug coz other ftp programs work fine
[R] 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
[R] 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
[R] 215 UNIX Type: L8
Old 10-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #19
TBolley
FlashFXP Beta Tester

so Linux Machine with proftpd 3 GHZ Dual Core, 4 Gigs Ram, Intel 1000 Mbit Nic, 7200 RPM HD

Movie are avi downloadable via Rapidshare

<removed by admin>

Last edited by bigstar; 10-12-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:45 AM   #20
TBolley
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Also Tested with Version 4.0.0 (Build 1540) and works fine, realy no clue why FlashFXP 4.1 build 1658 dont work with Upload Speed (all 4.1 Version get troubles with Upload Speed).

Download

Transferred: debian-6.0.2.1-i386-DVD-1.iso 4,36 GB in 1 minute 8 second (64,78 MB/s)

Upload

Transferred: debian-6.0.2.1-i386-DVD-1-1.iso 4,36 GB in 1 minute 11 second (62,67 MB/s)
Old 10-12-2011, 04:17 AM   #21
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

here's some info about gigabit max speeds.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #22
stormyrave
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I have to agree that something is amiss on the new version on uploads within a network. I have the latest version of flash on my xp boot, and the older 3.6 on my win7 boot. Same machine. In win7 with the older version, the speed is there.. in xp, it barely makes 2mbps. Ive tried everything I can do from my end with no result. If there is some way to allow you to view this, ill be happy to do so. I have Team Viewer 6 installed on this machine for interconnections if you would like to see for yourself and possibly make corrections.
Closed Thread

Tags
file, flashfxp, ftp, speed, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: