Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
jeresmith25
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Flashfxp to Tvix 6500

I am trying to transfer files from my pc to tvix box using flashfxp and I keep getting "Socket Error 10054, connection reset by peer" It used to work just fine but for some reason now it keeps getting errors and I cant trasnfer anything over.

I am using the latest version of flashfxp too. IF you need any more info from my end let me know cause I really want to get this fixed.

Ok just noticed that my tvix box reboots during the transfer for some reason. Now I am not sure if its tvix settings or flashfxp...I dont know if flashfxp is causing the tvix to reboot or is the tvix rebooting which is causing flaskfxp to stop...

What does the error really mean? My tvix works fine besides with flaskfxp...no rebooting at all.

Last edited by jeresmith25; 08-31-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

1st of all see https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/genera...e-posting.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeresmith25 View Post
Ok just noticed that my tvix box reboots during the transfer for some reason. Now I am not sure if its tvix settings or flashfxp...I dont know if flashfxp is causing the tvix to reboot or is the tvix rebooting which is causing flaskfxp to stop...

What does the error really mean? My tvix works fine besides with flaskfxp...no rebooting at all.
FTP protocol does not provide any facility to remotely reboot a server. So if your server is rebooting while using ftp, then it's obvious there's some critical bug/problem with that server.
It's irrelevant if FlashFXP is causing your server to reboot or if your server reboots and causes FlashFXP to disconnect. An FTP server is not supposed to crash/reboot when a client connects to it. So you should contact support for that box and have them address this problem.

Tags
fine, flashfxp, flaskfxp, rebooting, tvix

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: