Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
cdun2

Default File Not Transferred After Schedule Runs

I'm using FlashFXP version 4.0.0. I have attempted to schedule the delivery of a simple text file from the computer on which Flash FXP (SourceComputer) is installed to another compter that is running SFTP (DestinationComputer).

I have a saved Queue file on the source computer. When I right click and select 'Transfer' on this Queue file from the Flash FXP Queue, the connection occurs, and the file is delivered without a problem.

I have my schedule pointed at the same queue file. 'On Transfer Complete' is set to 'Quit FlashFXP'. On the 'Windows' tab, I've tried to run the schedule with 'Run task only when user is logged in' checked and unchecked. On the 'Logging' tab, I have all but 'Site to Site' logging selected. On the 'E-Mail' tab, I have email configured, and clicking 'test' results in success.

When I let the schedule run once per the scheduled time, the file is not delivered. There is nothing in the logs. From the 'Task List', if I right click and 'Run Now', the 'Last Run' time changes, but the 'Status' indicates 'Running'. Since I started testing three hours ago, it always indicates 'Running'.

I'm at a loss. I have no logs, no errors, nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.

cdun2
Old 12-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

What specific build of FlashFXP are you using?

What version of Windows are you using?

Are you using FlashFXP in evaluation mode?

Is there a copy of FlashFXP running minimized to the taskbar tray area?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
cdun2

Build 1508 RC 3

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

We have a single user license copy (not in eval mode)

I don't see a copy of FlashFXP running in the taskbar. When I check task manager, I show only one instance of FlashFXP running.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Please upgrade to build 1518 or newer and let me know this problem persists.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
cdun2

I think I fixed the problem. The SFTP server that I set up was not allowing transmission from the server that FlashFXP was set up on. I was just able to execute a scheduled task to deliver a file, and I had no problems once the destination server was configured to accept transmissions from the other box. I also tested a transmission that would fail (I changed the name of the destination folder), and I got 'Error' in email message, as I expected.

Thank you for your help.

cdun2
Old 12-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

In the event of a connection failure FlashFXP will retry the defined number of times at the defined interval. After this limit is reached the schedule will fail and it should of sent an email report indicating the failure.

You will however need to upgrade to the latest build for this to work, as it is broken in the build you're currently using.
Closed Thread

Tags
file, flashfxp, fxp, schedule, sftp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: