Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
Mr_Proper

Question Speed Issue: with Flashfxp always half the possible speed

Hi there,

Does perhaps anyone know why I always have half the download speed with Flashfxp?

Example: dl speed with Internet Explorer 2,4 MB/s. The dl speed with Flash is 1,2 MB/s.

I had several versions and on WinXP an Win Vista I have the same problem. I haven't set any speedsettings. I seems that Flash is somehow always splitting my max dl speed in half.

Greetz, Mr_Proper
Old 12-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

In Preferences dialog / Connection tab, check the TCP/IP buffer speed values and make sure both are set to (default), if changing the values to default doesn't improve the speed try 32KB

For best results change this value before starting a file transfer, otherwise this wont take effect until the next file transfer.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
Mr_Proper

Hi bigstar,

It seems to be working for the maximum speed. I now get around 2,2 MB/s max due to the fact that I set the TCP/IP setting to default. The setting for download was set to 32kb from install.

The speed does vary a lot still. It varies from 0,9 to 2,2 MB/s downloading 1 file. The download over Internet Explorer is practically steady 2,4 MB/s. Any idea?

Greetz
Old 12-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The speed shown in FlashFXP is the actual transfer speed, internet explorer uses a bit of an average to make the speed seem more fluid. Also Some ISP's use a transparent proxy for web browsers, perhaps your ISP is caching the content and then you're just downloading it from their local cache to get the fastest speed.

You'd might need a network traffic monitor to see the true transfer speeds instead of comparing it to another program.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
Sinner77

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am very new to even using FTP programs and I just had a quick question.

I am trying to use FlashFXP to transfer a couple files from my PC to my PS3. I have everything up and running, but it only goes at about 1.3MB/s. I haven't changed any settings, and was just wondering if maybe there is some things I can change to make this go a little faster. Also I am currently on a 30meg internet connection. So I am fairly certain it can at least go a little faster.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #6
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

if your ps3 is local, your internet connection means nothing.

read what bigstar said in post #2 above.

Tags
download, flashfxp, half, mb/s, speed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: