Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 05:48 AM   #1
yurshmily
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Ident Problem

In options>Connections>Data Connection I have set Force Active Mode, Limit Local Port Range 40000-50000 on one comp and on the other comp 20000-30000. At times both computers work perfectly but then for some odd reason I'm unable to log in until I reboot my router (WNR3500). Is this a problem with Windows 7 or with my router.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Active Mode is specific to file transfers and directory listings, If you have problems connecting to the server this would be unrelated to this setting. If you have to reboot your router in order to connect then I would suspect the router paying up, however I have this same router and I've never experienced this type of issue.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
yurshmily
FlashFXP Registered User

What do you mean when you say "I would suspect the router paying up"? What is the correct way to set the router up to authorize ident? Can it be done to allow multiple computers to connect? Thanks.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Sorry I didn't realize this was an ident problem, I completely missed the title to your post.

Force Active mode has nothing to do with ident.

Ident is an incoming connection to port 113

Only one computer will be able to handle the ident requests, one solution might be to use a stand alone ident server on one computer to handle the requests.
Closed Thread

Tags
comp, problem, reason, router, unable

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: