Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
MrVon

Default Windows 7 Sluggish

I have v3.6, build 1240 it lags under windows 7 only program i have that has sluggish performance. It woked fine under windows xp though. My cpu loadd to 80% when i just scroll ftp window content in flash fxp, and file deltetion from ftp is very slow comparing to like 10 times faster in windows xp.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:28 AM   #2
staeriks1
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVon View Post
I have v3.6, build 1240 it lags under windows 7 only program i have that has sluggish performance. It woked fine under windows xp though. My cpu loadd to 80% when i just scroll ftp window content in flash fxp, and file deltetion from ftp is very slow comparing to like 10 times faster in windows xp.
Download the latest build: FlashFXP v4.0 RC 2 (4.0.0 Build 1486)
https://oss.azurewebsites.net/download.php?s=4

Uinstall the 3.6 build you have now (Take a backup of the *site* file first) then make a new install whit this build. (4.0.0 Build 1486)

Last edited by staeriks1; 09-25-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:48 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Uninstalling v3.6 isn't necessary.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
staeriks1
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Uninstalling v3.6 isn't necessary.
Is allways best whit a clean install of program bigstar

Last edited by staeriks1; 09-20-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

If you uninstall v3.x then the v4.x installer wont be able to find your data folders correctly and it may encounter problems importing your settings and site profiles.

Also the user may need to use the backup feature in v3.x to backup their settings so that they can be imported into v4.x

I've had to deal with a few customers who have ended up deleting their settings and site profiles while uninstalling v3.x so I am suggesting to customers upgrading to v4.x to not uninstall v3.x until they're 100% sure everything is working properly.

Once everything is working and if you no longer need v3.x it would be ok to uninstall it.

Our installer is designed to do upgrade installs, if you uninstall a previous v4.x build before upgrading to a newer v4.x build then you defeat the purpose of upgrade installs and make more work for yourself.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
MrVon

I would rather stick with v3.6 since its latest stable build. i don't like beta versions.

Is this normal to have such performance decrease on windows 7? By the way i did not install it i just upgraded from XP with clean install and copy the folder from my program files, its alway's worked fine like this on XP.

Other point might be my firewall i have Outpost 7 and blocking all that isnt allowed i allowed flashfxp to go out on TCP everywhere and in TCP everywhere too. Though this does not explain why when i scroll ftp files it slows down the performance.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I would still recommend v4.0 RC2 build 1486, you can install this release completely independent of v3.6, especially on windows 7 because v4.0 runs full speed on windows 7 where v3.6 runs in compatibility mode.

Either it will solve the problem or it wont, if it doesn't then we can try and dig deeper into this issue.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
MrVon

It is better, but still not as it used to be, and i have very fast connection, it should work blazing fast. now it takes like 1 second to delete 2 files from ftp. used to be like 5-10 files in a second when you delete.

The problem is with requests speed upload/download speed is good. Can it be Outpost 7 firewall that throttle down because it analize every packet?
Old 09-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Its quite possible that the latency to the server is quite high, this would explain why the speed between requests is slow.. It could be caused by a number of things, such as your firewall, your router, and even the link between you and the FTP server.

You could try pinging the ftp server IP address.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #10
MrVon

I just checked with firewall disabled FlashFXP v3.6 works 10 times faster i can actually connect to ftp within 1 second with firewall on it takes ~5 seconds.
Closed Thread

Tags
flash, ftp, fxp, sluggish, windows

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: