Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
consul1979
FlashFXP Registered User

Question Can I switch the default Flash FXP Editor?

Hi all

I was just wondering about the built in editor. It's fine and that, has all the basic functions, it looks like Notepad and it gets the job done. I have a more powerful editor on my system though that I enjoy using. I was wondering if it was possible to change the default editor over.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:38 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Options, File Associations
Old 04-05-2010, 07:19 AM   #3
consul1979
FlashFXP Registered User

Thanks MxxCon that works great
Old 06-22-2010, 02:46 AM   #4
mtptl77
Banned

The ‘File Mask’ section is where you enter which extensions you want to open using notepad++ so for example if you wanted to edit php file you’d enter ‘*.php’ The star before the dot means that any given file name with the extension .php will be associated with Notepad++ in Flashfxp, so that when you view or edit php files Notepad++ will be used instead of the default text editor.

Then ‘Open With’ section needs to be filled out you’ll want to enter or browse to your notepad++ install directory which for me is located at here ‘C:\Program Files\Notepad++\notepad++.exe’

Then check the boxes ‘Viewing’ & ‘Editing’ ok the dialog box and you should be brought back to the File Associations options page with your newly created rule, ok this box and you’re all setup to start using notepad++ to edit files, enjoy! If you’ve any problems or this doesn’t work for you, just post a comment and i’ll get back to you ASAP.

Last edited by MxxCon; 06-22-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
default, editor, fxp, powerful, wondering

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: