Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
consul1979
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Remote Path Is Wrong And I Can't Change It

I got this issue with the remote path for the server. Transferring the files is not a problem, everything found it's way over fine. But the thing is I can't see the files when I view them on the server, I can see them fine on the local hard drive (the local path is: C:\lapoc-reviewers). The problem is the remote path. I keep getting this message from the browser:

"Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Users/Ken/AppData/Local/Temp/openingmoveg0.htm.

* Check the file name for capitalisation or other typing errors.

* Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted."

I don't understand why the server keeps instructing the browser to look here for the files, I've tried to change the remote path in Site Manager several times to the same as the local, also tried leaving it blank, even tried the server address and domain name. Nothing works. Keeps going to /C:/Users/Ken/AppData...

I tried browsing the forums for a solution but I'm new to FTP and a lot of the jargon is new to me.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by consul1979; 03-28-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

seems like the problem in your html file itself and has nothing to do with flashfxp.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:32 AM   #3
consul1979
FlashFXP Registered User

Yeah I think you're right I was messing around with it all day yesterday and generally getting used to Flash. I cottoned on to Site Manager and sussed it out a bit. Some of my files are showing up perfectly and some of them aren't but the issue is clearly with the server, maybe the particular files that have the broken paths are throwing it in some way. I guess I'll talk to them about that and find out where I'm going wrong. I've been working with FlashFXP for a couple of days now and I've got the got the hang of the windows now. I must say I really like the programme and it will be fun to play with over time and find the deeper functions. Anyhow thanks for your reply and take care.
Closed Thread

Tags
files, ftp, path, remote, server

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: