Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
f|ash

Default files/folder names not displaying correctly

hi, trial user here, i downloaded the latest public beta, 3.7.8 b1332, but i noticed that it doesnt display chinese, japanese names correctly. it shows up as squares. im using windows xp sp3 english but have some folders in chinese, japanese, etc. if i change the whole language of the program to chinese, japanese, it displays correctly, but i wanted everything to be still in english while displaying folders, names, in the right language.

heres a photo.
Attached Thumbnails
files/folder names not displaying correctly-flashfxp-jpg  

Last edited by f|ash; 08-27-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:20 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Hello,

I'm afraid that FlashFXP is currently unable to display filenames in languages other than the OS default. This is because FlashFXP doesn't provide unicode support.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
f|ash

i thought that was the problem. any plans to provide unicode support?

one thing i found, when i change the language to the chinese/japanese one, the characters are displayed normally, then i change back to english and the characters are still displayed normally in chinese/japanese. after i close and open the program again, they have reverted back to squares.

its a hassle to do this everytime i use the program though.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I think changing the locale doesn't change the behavior in programs already running, which is why that works.

I'd like to provide unicode support in the future but I'm afraid it wont be in the next release. I'm having difficulty finding a unicode library for the version of Borland Delphi I use (version 4), most unicode libraries require newer versions of delphi. Upgrading the compiler isn't really an option right now because upgrading breaks a lot of stuff. Since newer versions aren't really designed with backwards compatibility in mind.
Closed Thread

Tags
chinese, correctly, english, japanese, names

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: