Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
henrikbe
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Line ends with block character

Hello,

When transfering files (FreeBSD to WinXP) every line ends with a "block" character, some newline carriage return. I've tried the transfer in binary only, as proposed in "automtic conversion of line endings" but it doesn't work. When using previous versions of FlashFXP this did never occur.

Hopefully someone can help me out, best regards Henrik
Old 07-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #2
henrikbe
FlashFXP Registered User

Changing to "save as unix file" in the editor solved it, strange that this never occured with previous versions of flashfxp (I have the latest installed 3.6.0 1240).

Best regards, Henrik
Old 07-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

below is an explanation of the modes

ASCII Files are streamed to the server and the server performs a EOL (end of line) swap, replacing the existing EOL with the native EOL for the server platform. Typically this works well but some ftp servers don't handle the conversion as well as others.

BINARY In this mode the file content is transfered exactly as-is to the ftp server with no modifications.

AUTO Using filename pattern matching from the ASCII list (Options > Filters > ASCII) we switch between ASCII and BINARY based on if the filename matches.
Closed Thread

Tags
block, character, ends, flashfxp, line

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: