Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
Heat0622
FlashFXP Registered User

Default No such file or directory

Hello!

I'm having a problem uploading my site with FlashFXP. I'm a bit of a novice, so please bare with me. When I connect to my website with FlashFXP, I get the following:

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007
[R] Connecting to diegolunaloco -> DNS=diegolun.startlogic.com IP=66.96.134.4 PORT=21
[R] Connected to diegolunaloco
[R] 220 STARTLOGIC FTP Server ready
[R] USER diegolun
[R] 331 Password required for diegolun
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 230 User diegolun logged in
[R] SYST
[R] 215 UNIX Type: L8
[R] FEAT
[R] 211-Features:
[R] MDTM
[R] REST STREAM
[R] SIZE
[R] 211 End
[R] CWD /www.diegolunaloco.com
[R] 550 /www.diegolunaloco.com: No such file or directory
[R] PWD
[R] 257 "/" is the current directory
[R] TYPE A
[R] 200 Type set to A
[R] Listening on PORT: 2157, Waiting for connection.
[R] PORT 68,101,214,45,8,109
[R] 200 PORT command successful
[R] LIST
[R] 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
[R] 226 Transfer complete
[R] List Complete: 334 bytes in 0.83 seconds (0.4 KB/s)

Does "No such file or directory" mean that Flash cannot (is not) connecting to my host server?

My host (StartLogic) has given me many, many problems over the past few months; their server going down, etc. I think that is what has happened, but I'm not sure because when I go online my site is still working. (Other than the main page, because I tried to upload that and also got "No such file or directory", so that page is just blank now.)

Any input you have on this is appreciated!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Heat0622
FlashFXP Registered User

Ah ha! It is StartLogic that is causing this problem!!! I just found this notice on their site:

Resolved - FTP Issues.
We have installed new kernels on all our ftp machines that should fix the intermittent ftp problems.

Please be advised that we are currently experiencing some technical issues with FTP. Our engineering team is working towards fixing the issue.

We regret the inconvenience this may have caused you. We'll update this message with any further developments.

Thank you.

- 06/20/08 at 14:11 ET

Ironic that their header says the FTP Issues have been Resloved, but then later say they are currently experiencing some technical issues with FTP. This is so typical of StartLogic. Every time they update or try to fix something, my site won't work.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:17 AM   #3
UnderLoK
FlashFXP Registered User

Do they have a symlink to that www. directory (public_html or www perhaps)? It more than likely has something to do with the directory name (too long possibly) and it is throwing a wrench in things.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #4
Heat0622
FlashFXP Registered User

Well, the directory name has been the same for a year and a half and I've not had any FTP issues before this.

I phoned StartLogic again last night. As they usually do, they considered my issue solved when it really was not. So they reopened my ticket. Below is the latest email from StartLogic; it appears they are still having issues...

Dear Customer,

I am contacting you about your site. We are currently having a problem with our servers, please allow 12-24 hours before modifying your site any further. Any changes made to your account can result in a loss of data for that specific page. If after 24 hours you are still reporting the issue, please let me know.
Closed Thread

Tags
file, flashfxp, ftp, upload, [r]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: