Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
mclovin
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Drag&Drop from Explorer doesnt work

hi guys,

i just bought an flash fxp licence and installed latest version +vista premium 32bit with SP1. Now i found out that drag&drop from windows explorer doesnt work.... when i move the files into flashfxp and release mouse button the file just disappears. I tryed it with many different files and folders nothing helps... on windows xp everything worked always fine for me with flash fxp.

How can i get this working again? Drag&drop is enabled in the flashfxp settings...

thanks, buelent
Old 03-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Options > Preferences > General > Actions >Drag/Drop From Explorer

Make sure this option is set to Queue or Transfer
Old 03-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
mclovin
FlashFXP Registered User

yes it is set to enqueue but it doesnt work... maybe its an vista problem? How can i find an solution for this?
Old 03-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm not having any problems with drag/drop in Vista, so at the moment I'm not really sure whats going on. I'll continue to look into this issue.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I assume you have a remote site connected on one side, and that your dragging and dropping into the ftp view for that connecte side?
Old 03-15-2008, 08:47 AM   #6
hostanglia

Hi,

I am experiencing a different problem after upgrading. When connecting to a site and attempt to drag and drop files across for the local window to the remote window, or vice versa, FlashFXP closes. No error messages are given, it just drops out. This is getting really frustrating now, especially as the support link on this site appears to be broken too.

Many thanks,
Bret

<merged threads>

Last edited by bigstar; 03-15-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

We're currently investigating this issue but so far we haven't been able to reproduce this behavior.

Which support link appears to broken?
Old 03-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

From what I've found so far it appears to be a security issue in Vista.

If you attempt to drag/drop from an application with a higher level of security then the application accepting the drop Vista prevents the application with the lower security from accepting it.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #9
hostanglia

Hi,

I have disabled UAC in Vista and I am a local administrator but I know Vista has it's little quirks where 3rd party applications are concerned. Especially if they are not "Logo Tested" which I think is the biggest load of old rubbish I've ever heard of.

The broken link is no longer broken, I couldn't access the support page at all at the time of posting but I have been on since. Could also be a Sky Broadband DNS issue but the rest of the site was working.

Many thanks,

Bret
Old 03-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

We actually have two vista test beds where one has UAC on and the other with it turned off. Since you never know whats going to happen in each situation.

I tested FlashFXP with both setups and drag/drop was working.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:32 PM   #11
mclovin
FlashFXP Registered User

I think i found an solution for this problem.

I did run flash fxp as administrator because if i didnt flash fxp didnt save any settings. But when i run it as admin flash fxp doesnt allow me to drag&drop. It just doesnt work it doesnt even give me an error.. now i removed the cross from the run as admin box and its working fine.

But how can flash fxp save settings now without running is as an admin?

thanks.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:10 AM   #12
Zapy_
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
We actually have two vista test beds where one has UAC on and the other with it turned off. Since you never know whats going to happen in each situation.

I tested FlashFXP with both setups and drag/drop was working.
iwe got this error on my vista ultimate x64 laptop, if i drag a file from the desktop (that i have pointed to d:/users/desktop/ instead of the hidden folders etc) flashfxp just closes with no error msgs, uac disabled.

any way i can debug flashfxp? like trace the exe with some application or something, developer mode?

the strange thing is when i do this on the big computer where the ftp-server is also it works without no problems.

edit: this seems to be a transfer directly on the drop problem, i started flashfxp and tried upload to a diffrent directory (the first one is named ! Desktop , its the desktop folder on the stationery computer and the ! is to get that folder first in the ftp view) anyway, tried another "normally" named dir and it worked, then tried to the ! Desktop dir and it works without any crashes but the transfer now does not start directly like before (not that i care about that but it seems it changed it self or something)

can this have been a bug on settings from a upgrade? im running the 3114 B1078 RC1 release (its a "scene release" with pre-set settings, dont get me wrong, i have bought it check the email and so) and then installed the 3.6 version over it keeping the settings etc.

the question is if i should do a vanilla install of the scene rel and then upgrade it to 2.6 (on a another computer) check the settings or something, would it help?

Last edited by Zapy_; 05-29-2008 at 04:22 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
drag&drop, files, flashfxp, fxp, windows

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: