Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default Big changes planned for the Quick Connect dialog

With the next release of FlashFXP we plan on completely redoing the quick connect dialog and we'd love to hear opinions on what you'd like or dislike.

We plan on limiting the quick connect settings to be bare minimum and then providing a button or method of opening up the site in the Site Manager for complete control over all of the settings.

Ideally we'd like to do away with all of the tabs and give the user a single set of basic inputs.

Please let us know what you'd like us to keep or change.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
DYN_DaTa
FlashFXP Scripter

I'd be extremely happy if you can make some text boxes larger on quick connect dialog. See this screenshot (of my spanish translation).
Old 05-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
Barough
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I personally like the way it is now, but sftp option must be added.
- LAN (100/100Mbit)

Last edited by Barough; 05-15-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Well Its needs to change to accomodate the sftp support but then again so does a load of other parts of ffxp need to achieve this.

Theres is too much functionality and complexity involved in the current quick connect vs site manager it needs to differenciate on a larger scale so that there is a clear difference and reason of being for using one method over the other.

As it is I dont find that the quick connect is usefull enough to warrant its existence "as is" over the alternative mind that having said that I cannot think of a single reason why it needs to exist. I never used other than for testing reasons but then again all my sites are mostly fixed.

Ok

Quick connect

Basic absolut need to have settings

Site manager

All else and then all else needed to ensure the site is "tweaked" & "customized" to both users taste and performance.

Also make sure that current Site manager changes ports automatically from sftp to ftp server type as the quick connect menu does already.

Tags
connect, flashfxp, plan, quick, settings

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: