Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
hitman1980
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Problems with Flashfxp 3.6

I am running Vista Home premium SP1 and have flashfxp ... Although the previous version was working nice but this version is very buggy ...

1. Whenever I try to create a new folder from the flashfxp local browser window ... the application just simply shuts down ...

2. Whenever I try to upload a file the application just simply shuts down .

3. Kaspersky shows tht the new version have a virus ..
Attached Thumbnails
Problems with Flashfxp 3.6-untitled-jpg  
Old 03-30-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Where did you download FlashFXP? From our website, download.com, or?

We actively scan all files before and after creating the setup with NOD32.

I suspect that this is either a false report or there is something wrong with the setup you downloaded.

You can verify the setup as well as the flashfxp.exe by viewing the file properties / digital signature tab and view certificate and make sure its valid.

I can assure you that our product does not contain any virus or worms.

I am currently looking into this and will continue to follow up on this issue.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:57 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I removed your duplicate post from the bug tracker, there is no need to double post.

Using http://www.virustotal.com it would appear that there are some false reports.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:03 AM   #4
hitman1980
FlashFXP Registered User

I downloaded the file from ur site only .. From the download section ... Also just to let u know when I clean install the flashfxp it don't show tht virus message .. But when I try run the setup and flashfxp is already installed .. It asks me for repair ... And when I select the repair option then only it shows me tht virus message ...

Any ideas why flashfxp is closing down whenever I try to tranfer any file to ftp or create new folder in my local browser window ???

Sry for posting it twice ... But I thought tht bug tracker thing will email u the problem rather then posting to forum ...

Also can u can pls provide me the older stable version of flashfxp so tht I can use tht till u guys fix these issues ...

Last edited by hitman1980; 03-30-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:12 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

It looks like we'll need to start contacting anti-virus companies on Monday to inform them of their false reports.

As for the problems you encountered, I'm not sure what might cause them. I have seen one or two people report those problems on the forums but I don't believe we got anywhere in trying to determine the cause of it. It makes it difficult to resolve a problem that we can't reproduce.

If you're willing and able to perhaps you can help me troubleshoot this issue?
Do you have the UAC enabled in Vista or did you completely turn it off?

Last edited by bigstar; 03-30-2008 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:19 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

You can download 3.4 from http://download.flashfxp.com/archive...P_34_Setup.exe
Old 03-30-2008, 03:55 AM   #7
hitman1980
FlashFXP Registered User

Thtx for tht link ... yes I am very much willing to help in whtever possible way ... Pld do let me know wht I need to do ... yes I have got UAC turned off completely ...
Old 03-30-2008, 03:59 AM   #8
hitman1980
FlashFXP Registered User

Btw ... this version 3.4 is working like a charm ... Not sure wht's the prob with 3.6
Old 03-30-2008, 05:02 AM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm not sure either. Though I think it might be something to do with the UAC.

Do you recall specifically how you went about disabling the UAC? There are different ways of turning it off and some ways give different results.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:15 AM   #10
hitman1980
FlashFXP Registered User

Ya I disabled UAC from Control Panel->User Accounts ->Turn User account control on or off ...
Old 03-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #11
Seome
Inicom Networks Support
Ultimate Scripter

When the program we are using for an installer performs a "Repair", it basically does an uninstall and then re-install. The point where your anti-virus appears to have popped in is where the installer is finishing up the uninstall and then beginning the re-install. If for some reason a file can't be deleted by the uninstall it may schedule the uninstaller to run after a reboot to complete the process which is my best guess for why this is flagged as a virus at that point. Typically this only occurs if the "ieflash.dll" which is the browser plugin for FlashFXP can't be deleted because a browser is open. I'm not sure if this plugin is also used by firefox or not but I do see that browser open in your image.

The version on our website has been scanned by multiple scanners and should be clean. I am curious if when you run the setup.exe file with UAC off, have you tried running it "as administrator" and if so did it have the same report or did it have the same problems once it was installed?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:24 AM   #12
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I downloaded the latest version of Kaspersky antivirus + updated virus db and it did not detect FlashFXP as a virus, I tried installing, repairing, removing, as well as running flashfxp, etc.

Its possible that they have already updated their virus db to correct this false positive.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:29 AM   #13
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1980 View Post
Ya I disabled UAC from Control Panel->User Accounts ->Turn User account control on or off ...
We have Vista installed on a virtual machine where we can make changes and then rollback those changes back to a virgin OS.

I tested changing the UAC as you described above and I was not able to reproduce the two problems you encountered. I think we may have to rule out UAC and perhaps look at the possibility of a 3rd party application conflicting with FlashFXP.

Which specific version of Kaspersky antivirus are you using? Make sure it's the latest.
Are you using just their antivirus product or also the one with the internet firewall?
Whats the product name?

Another way we can troubleshoot this is by generating a bugreport with debug info, this will allow us to see which external programs are interacting directly with FlashFXP.

To do this hold down the shift key while clicking "about" on the main menu > Help > About. When the bug report pops up click submit bug report.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:37 PM   #14
hitman1980
FlashFXP Registered User

Sry for delay in reply ... Actually my ftp software is uploading the stuff for last 24 hrs ... it will be finishing sometime today .. So as soon as it finishes I will try to upgrade to the latest version of flashfxp and see if it again shows the same prob ... I will also try to run it "as administrator" ... Although I don't think it will be of no use cos UAC is already disabled and my account is with administrator privileges .. But I will give it a try ...

Also the Kaspersky I am using is 7.0.0.125 ... Its not the full security suite ... Its just the anti virus ... The firewall I am using tht build in of Vista (Windows Firewall)...
Old 03-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #15
hitman1980
FlashFXP Registered User

Ok ... I have yet again checked it ... I am still getting those problems ...

1. Kaspersky still showing riskware message ... The message comes when I try to repair the already installed 3.6 version ... Attaching the pictures below ..

2. Flashfxp still shuts down while trying to create folder ..

3. The bug report is also attached ...

Last edited by bigstar; 05-28-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
application, flashfxp, shuts, upload, version

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: