Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
RevATARI
FlashFXP Registered User

Default FlashFXP v3.6 Final issue

I just upgraded and I can’t get it to keep my default download path, every time I change it to what I want it to be it goes back to the default one next time I open it.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

before posting did you bother to read https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13120 ?
Old 03-17-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
RevATARI
FlashFXP Registered User

Are you aware that even if I set the proper permissions for said dir the changes still do not save?
Old 03-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
Seome
Inicom Networks Support
Ultimate Scripter

You need to set the changes for the directory and its contents. If you don't apply the permissions to existing files, only new ones created will have the permissions you have set.

The route to apply to all is basically, on the security tab, click Advanced, Edit, and checkmark "Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants... " then OK to finish.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
RevATARI
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seome View Post
You need to set the changes for the directory and its contents. If you don't apply the permissions to existing files, only new ones created will have the permissions you have set.

The route to apply to all is basically, on the security tab, click Advanced, Edit, and checkmark "Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants... " then OK to finish.
Done that and still does not work, aside from that my “data dir is listed as “program files\flashfxp\3\” but there was no dir named 3.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
Seome
Inicom Networks Support
Ultimate Scripter

Are you sure it is not C:\ProgramData instead of C:\ProgramFiles? Also, ProgramData is hidden by default in Vista so you may need to use Control Panel, Folder Options to see it" Or else just open C:\ProgramData\FlashFXP\3 in the start search bar.

You can try the test installer at the following link to fix the issue. If it does not work please email support@inicom.net.
https://oss.azurewebsites.net/?d=122

Last edited by Seome; 03-18-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:21 PM   #7
RevATARI
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seome View Post
Are you sure it is not C:\ProgramData instead of C:\ProgramFiles? Also, ProgramData is hidden by default in Vista so you may need to use Control Panel, Folder Options to see it" Or else just open C:\ProgramData\FlashFXP\3 in the start search bar.

You can try the test installer at the following link to fix the issue. If it does not work please email support@inicom.net.
https://oss.azurewebsites.net/?d=122
Hahahaha yeah its ProgramData, I feel stupid now for over looking that. Thank you all fixed
Closed Thread

Tags
change, default, download, flashfxp, time

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: