Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
bettysue

Default Need Pasv off - Keeps Coming back on

* FlashFXP v[3 ].[40], build [1145], [X]registered 2 License (Name upon Request)
* OS [X] WinXP
* Running behind hardware router/firewall Linksys BEFW1154 [X] Not sure
* Running software firewall [X ] Yes, Name [CA Personal Firewall ], Ver. [9.1.0.35], Running Antivirus [ X] Yes, Name [CA Anti-Virus ]
* Network [X] CABLE
* FTP server(s) name [pureFTP ]
* timestamped, and side prefixed FTP log (please paste)I don't know what "side prefixed means-sorry.
I'm not sure where you want the log, but I will put it at the end of the message.

I have a reseller account (acutally a few) and have been working with the provider trying to figure out why I cannot do site to site transfers. At this point they seem to feel it is because I seem to be permanently stuck in passive mode. I have it unchecked as an option every place I can find it, yet when I connect and try to transfer site to site everything is in passive mode again. What am I doing wrong, and is there a way around this?

(Note-I had to snip some out of the log as I got a message that my post was too long. I just took out someo fthe files that failed as they all failed)

Code:
[L] TYPE I
[L] 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
[R] TYPE I
[R] 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
[L] PASV
[L] 227 Entering Passive Mode (209,67,52,74,185,149)
[R] PORT 209,67,52,74,185,149
[R] 200 PORT command successful
[R] STOR db_forwardm_hottoys-20080115034042.sql.gz
[R] 425 Could not open data connection to port 47509: Connection refused
[R] Transfer Failed!

Last edited by bigstar; 02-06-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Site to Site transfers use the "Site Manager > Transfer Tab > Alternative site to site method" to determine if PASV is used and is not based on the "Use Passive mode" setting because depending on the situation you may this may be different.

You'll want to check the "downloading (not pasv)" option to insure that downloads don't use passive mode.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
bettysue

That setting was turned on with one of the sites, so I turned it on in the settings of the other one and got the same results.
I tried changing which site was transfering to which and both failed and both went into passive mode still. Same as before the setting was changed. Just as before, there is no problem creating directories, but when it comes to transferring files it fails every time.

The only differences this time with the passive off during downloads on is that one of the servers would disconnect after every failed transfer. The other one would stall attempting the transfer so I would click on the disconnect key, there would be a delay for several seconds then finally I would get a "Transfer Failed" then the logoff message.

Thank You,

betty
Old 02-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

site to site transfers rely on one side supporting passive mode and the other side using active mode. If neither site supports passive mode you will not be able to perform a site to site transfer.

You should only set the alternative site to site method for the site that doesn't support passive mode.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
bettysue

Thank you, I will post that to the open support ticket I have with my provider about the site to site transfers and see what they say.

thank you,

betty
Old 02-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #6
bettysue

Question to FlashFxp support:

My reseller provider (been in business since 1999-trust them as they are not fly by night provider-name provided via private email if wanted) is willing to help me with my flashfxp to see if they can get a successful set-up with my server accounts (on 3 different servers there). Only issue is I would need to let them use a copy of my program and temporarily use one of my licenses. After they see if they can get it to work right for me, they will uninstall the program and destroy my license. They told me though I would need your permission before they would agree to do this.

Feel free to reply privately.

thank you,

betty
Old 02-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

They can download FlashFXP from our website and use it in trial mode for testing, they don't need a license key in order to perform site to site transfers.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:56 AM   #8
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

trial version of flashfxp is fully functional. they do not need to register it to perform these tests

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, type, [l], [r]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: