Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 09:04 AM   #1
terron

Question Is it possible to scan all queued folders?

By that I mean, if I transfer directory "A" with subfolders "1" and "2" it only shows files in in the folders "A" and "1", it doesn't show files in "2". It does transfer them, but it makes the queue timer useless when transferring multiple directories.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:17 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

This can be done for download queues. Right click on the queue window, from the popup menu select Advanced > Expand All Folders

This will go through the entire queue and replace each folder with file content content, giving more accurate queue times.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:39 AM   #3
terron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
This can be done for download queues. Right click on the queue window, from the popup menu select Advanced > Expand All Folders

This will go through the entire queue and replace each folder with file content content, giving more accurate queue times.
Is there a way (or are there plans for a way) to make it work with uploading? I would think it'd be easier to scan local folders rather than folders on another computer. Thanks for the quick response though, that is pretty useful.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:25 AM   #4
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

This feature currently does not work for FXP or Uploads, this be due in part to the way the queue in flashfxp works, and in part due to the inability to create full paths remotely (each directory must be made, then entered, then the subdir made, etc) as you can locally (explorer can write a file to a path that does not exist, and it will be created for you by the os).

Given the nature of this, it is highly unlikely that things will change on the server side, so the ability to use this feature for FXP and Upload will only come if then flashfxp queue is modified to include the commands and such rather than just files/folders.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

As DayCuts pointed out the downside to using this feature for FXP or uploading, it can be done but if you don't complete the queue the site will have many empty folders. I've considered adding an ini option to override it and allow it. On multi-user sites other users may see the folder and expect it to contain something and then be disappointed that its' empty. Also using this on other peoples sites, the site owner might frown on this behavior.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:51 PM   #6
terron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
As DayCuts pointed out the downside to using this feature for FXP or uploading, it can be done but if you don't complete the queue the site will have many empty folders. I've considered adding an ini option to override it and allow it. On multi-user sites other users may see the folder and expect it to contain something and then be disappointed that its' empty. Also using this on other peoples sites, the site owner might frown on this behavior.
I'm not sure I understand your post. In order to do this, you'd have to make a bunch of folders on the FTP site being uploaded to? Wouldn't it be easier to scan the folder (like it does with expanding downloads, or when it starts uploading the files from that folder) but do it on command as well? Maybe lock the files into the folder so if what Daycuts says is correct (about not being able to upload to directories that don't exist) then you can't move the files to make them be uploaded before folder creation. I'm not that familiar with the server side of things, just trying to upload some stuff to a mediacenter pc and got kinda annoyed with having it report the wrong queue all the time.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:13 PM   #7
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

The problem is, with the current way the flashfxp queue works, the directories on remote sites would need to be created WHEN you expand the queue, because the queue itself is not designed to handle 'queued commands'. This can lead to a lot of empty folders on the remote (destination) server if your queue fails to complete all files. And even if it does complete all, those empty folders could be there for quite some time while the queue transfers everything, which is almost always undesirable.

The queue is just a list of files/folders that flashfxp interprets and acts upon. A folder in the queue is treated differently (by flashfxp) than a file is, a file in queue does not trigger the directory changing/creation like a queued folder does.

It would require the queue file format be altered somewhat to support this feature for fxp/upload without the current side effects, which in turns requires recodes to parts of flashfxp that interpret and act upon the queue. I dont neccersarily think it would be a bad thing to make such changes, infact it would open it up to some other features that are currently not possible for the same reason, but i am guessing the amount of work (changes) outweigh the payoff.
Closed Thread

Tags
files, folders, makes, show, transfer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: