Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
Strahan

Default Does FlashFXP support concurrent d/l?

* FlashFXP v[3].[4], build [1145], [X]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [ ] Vista, [X] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other (explain)
* Running behind NAT/router [X] Yes & Model [ ], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [ ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [X] No
* Running Antivirus [X] Yes, Name [Symantec Corporate 10] or [ ] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [X] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

lol.. I like the pirated option there, hehehe.

Anyway.. I've always been a fan of this product and told my friends to use it. However, I recently saw a feature on WS_FTP that has my faith wavering. A buddy uses it and on a site where you can have 2 concurrent connections he tells WS that and when he flags 20 files for d/l, it downloads them 2 at a time. Very cool. Pleeease tell me there is a way to make FlashFXP do that as well. I prefer the interface with this client and don't want to switch, but that option is awful tempting.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

FlashFXP doesn't support concurrent file transfers. We will look into this feature for future versions.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

This feature usually goes hand-in-hand with multithreaded downloading because the inherent nature is the same. This would require a change in the core of flashfxp (much of the same changes that multipart/threaded downloading and tabbed sessions do.. to be done correctly and efficiently). As such i would personally prefer it be added along with those features in the possible rewrite rather than what would almost certainly be a limited hack job to the current codebase (not to mention it would bring a wave of 'you did that why cant you do multi threaded downloading and tabs without reweite')

Anyways, i like the suggestion
Old 09-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
Strahan

Ahh I see. Yea, definitely a good option for an upcoming version. Thanks for the replies!
Old 11-30-2007, 05:05 AM   #5
solariz
FlashFXP Registered User

Any news on this ?
I'm forced to do many file transfers in the internal company network with 1Gbit so having just one concurrent file d/u really slow's it down because many small files mixed with some huge files.

Currently I swapped to smart FTP simply because of:

Whole queue with FlashFXP: approx 5h
Whole queue with Smartftp 6 workres: aprrox 3h

I'm using Flash FXP since the yearly days still my fav. programm... Wahh this smart ftp tool is crappy... So I would really love it if it comes with a multi worker feature.

Thank's alot.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #6
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

no, there are no news on this.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:14 PM   #7
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

It isn't automatic, but just open two or three session windows and start downloading with all of them. You can even load the queue from the first into the others so you don't have to re-queue stuff. Flash will figure out that it can't open for writing a file that is being downloaded by another copy and just move onto the next file. It will mark the download in the queue as failed, but just ignore that at the end...

Tip: sort the list of files in the queue in the first copy, and then reverse sort it in the second instance so two copies won't be trying to download the same file repeatedly. In the event you run into a large directory in the middle also set the remote directory listing to sort the reverse way of the first copy so when the directory is expanded into the queue it will be entered in the reverse order as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
d/l, flashfxp, option, running, [x]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: