Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
djdafreund
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Possible to sync folders?

I noticed the "Syncronizing Browsing" which works great (thanks for adding that, very usefull.) and I noticed the 'Compare' folders options, but it doesn't match recursively.

Say a user has a Music folder with 20 artists in it, but might have added a new album in one of the Artist directory, and wants to be able to sync all folders, but doesn't remember which folder might have something new in it. If he uses 'Compare Folder Content' function, it will blank out all the folders, since they ARE all the same, HOWEVER one folder INSIDE a folder might be added, so FlashFXP currently would miss that subfolder because it's only checking the main folders, and not any subfolders within.
If FlashFXP can't do this yet (i couldn't seem to find this yet in each and every area so far i went into and checked.) Could Recursive folder comparing be added (I belive this is what it's called) as i do a lot of syncing, find this a very useful option to add since it already can compare directories, i would just like to see it be able to include subdirectories as well.

Thanks for listening. I just bought FlashFXP after trying it for a little while, and trying other fxp programs. FlashFXP is the best!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 09:26 PM   #2
djdafreund
FlashFXP Beta Tester

No answer? Could you guys add recursive directory sync's then please???? I thought it was already doing that, only because the main website list's sync capability as a big focus feature, but it really doesn't.
It sync's files in a folder, but isn't capable of including any subfolders, which is really what syncing is about. Including all folders/files/subfolder (recursively.), not just only MAIN folders and files within a folder ONLY.

I'm assuming it doesn't do this yet, as i came up with nothing when searching here, as well as a general search using Google search. And also, since no author's or users responded yet to this question. Which i bumped since it's been almost 6 months later with no response. I think that's very fair amount of time to have to wait. l

Thanks for any help, or for adding this type of syncing functionality.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
Seome
Inicom Networks Support
Ultimate Scripter

To make sure a developer actually sees your request its best to use the Bug Reports/Feature Request forum via the BugTracker option up on the top of the forum in the menu options. That or use the Feature Request form on the iniCom/FlashFXP website.
Closed Thread

Tags
compare, flashfxp, folder, folders, fxp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: