Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
Jonessie
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Local Folders have vanished, how do I get them back?

Hello,

I purchased FlashFXP last night and all was going well until I just turned on my PC and launched FlashFXP and it first said my Licence was invalid which removed my licence key and then reverted back to the trial period. It also stated to contact support as well. Secondly the Local Folders have vanished and I do not have a clue how to get these back, because there are remote folders on both sides now which I do not understand why this has happened.

It would not have anything to do with the fact I'm running Windows Vista would it because I was sure FlashFXP was compatible with Vista. I am running a legit version of Vista just in case you are wondering; this was my complimentary retail copy of Windows Vista Ultimate from Microsoft for submitting bugs to Microsoft.

Thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: gif local_folders_have_gone.gif (36.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Jonessy; 01-23-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

on the side that used to have your local folders click right-most icon called "Switch to Local Browser"
Old 01-23-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
Jonessie
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon
on the side that used to have your local folders click right-most icon called "Switch to Local Browser"
Um I don't have a button which says Switch to Local Browser which was the problem, I could not switch anything at all...? Now I am not sure if this was bug or what but there was no button, 100% not there, but there is a way around this, just go to View and then click on "FTP only" and then the local directories come back again but there is still no button to switch back to local directory. Click on View again and then take the tick out of "FTP only" again and the local Directory comes back and the icons on both sides allow you to switch between the two.

Also it says greyed out Local Directory on the left pane. Which is correct? One person is not enough to state this is a potential bug or human error; you would need to replicate this on the same OS on a different machine to see if this happens. My assumption to the cause of this happening was when the software said my registration key was invalid and to contact support, I entered the registration code in again and then everything just went all TU...?

Last edited by Jonessy; 01-23-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:50 AM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonessy
Um I don't have a button which says Switch to Local Browser which was the problem, I could not switch anything at all...? Now I am not sure if this was bug or what but there was no button, 100% not there
how can there be no buttons if you posted screenshot which does show all the buttons. i highlighted buttons you use to switch between local and remote views.

Quote:
but there is a way around this, just go to View and then click on "FTP only" and then the local directories come back again but there is still no button to switch back to local directory.
it is not a workaround. it is a feature that always existed in flashfxp.
Attached Thumbnails
Local Folders have vanished, how do I get them back?-clipboard01-png  

Tags
back, flashfxp, folders, running, vista

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: