Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 04:23 AM   #1
scottybowl
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Multi user restrictions

I recently bought a 5 user license of FlashFXP to use in our office. It's working perfectly (we can share ftp details by storing the files on our internal server), but I just have a few questions:
  1. Is it possible to disable the export feature?
  2. Is it possible to restrict copying of the sites.dat file?
  3. Is it possible to have one user (i.e me) who can restrict what the other users can do with the software

The reason for these questions is that at our company we have a number of contractors coming in and out and we don't want them to take the FTP details with them when they leave (as we have over 300 FTP sites under our control). Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:34 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

i don't think currently it's possible to disable export feature.
how would you restrict coping of a file...you have to be able to read it to use flashfxp...if you can read it, you can copy it.
flashfxp doesn't have any 'role designation' features.

i don't know how feasible it is for you, but you could disable access to any removable media and/or even disable write access to local discs, only to specific areas on the network. and use proper firewalling to disallow access to external 'not approved' sites

Tags
details, flashfxp, ftp, restrict, user

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: