Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 05:50 AM   #1
bfranker
FlashFXP Registered User

Default "Login authentication failed" when trying at GoDaddy?

Hello!

I've done the searches and read the FAQ and have found nothing so it appears my problem is not common but I sure can't figure it out!

I am considering switching to FlashFXP but can't even get connected for the main FTP I use. I have uninstalled the program then reinstalled and no go. First time I had checked the box for the Windows Firewall. I couldn't get it to work then realized that I don't use the Windows Firewall so reinstalled and unchecked it. Still didn't work. I have another FTP site that I connect to so I tried to login on that site and it WORKED so it is not a problem with a firewall on my end.

I am connecting to my GoDaddy site just fine with CuteFTP 4.0 but I can't connect with FlashFXP. I have tried to connect via the IP address as well as the www address with the same results. Here is the message I am getting. I've edited out personal info..

[R] Connecting to GoDaddy -> IP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxPORT=21
[R] Connected to GoDaddy
[R] 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
[R] 220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.
[R] 220-Local time is now 03:42. Server port: 21.
[R] 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
[R] 220 You will be disconnected after 3 minutes of inactivity.
[R] USER xxxxxx
[R] 331 User xxxxxx OK. Password required
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 530 Login authentication failed
[R] Connection failed
[R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
[R] Retry attempt Aborted

It looks like the password or username is not good but, trust me, I've retyped them 10 times and even did a text dump of the login info from my CuteFTP account and copy-n-pasted it and still the same results. Username and password are correct but something is up. Any ideas??? This looks nice and I'd like to use it but if I can't even connect to my site... well... doesn't do me much good

Thanks!

* FlashFXP v[3.4.0].[ ], build [1145 ], [ ]registered, [x]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [x] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [x] Yes & Model [Belkin], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [x] Yes, Name [Zone Alarm Security Suite], Ver. [6.5.737.000 ], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [x] Yes, Name [Norton AntiVirus via Norton SystemWorks 2006] or [ ] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [x] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other
Old 11-22-2006, 08:12 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

post session log from cuteftp to see if it's doing something different to get in.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:33 AM   #3
bfranker
FlashFXP Registered User

Here you go. Thanks!

STATUS:> Connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (ip = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 3 of 50 allowed.
220-Local time is now 06:32. Server port: 21.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220 You will be disconnected after 3 minutes of inactivity.
COMMAND:> USER xxxxxx
331 User xxxxxxx OK. Password required
COMMAND:> PASS ********
230-User xxxxxx has group access to: 520
230 OK. Current directory is /
COMMAND:> TYPE I
200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
COMMAND:> pwd
257 "/" is your current location
COMMAND:> TYPE A
200 TYPE is now ASCII
COMMAND:> PORT 192,168,2,2,11,90
200 PORT command successful
COMMAND:> LIST
150 Connecting to port 2906
226-Options: -a -l
226 23 matches total
STATUS:> Time: 0:00:01, Efficiency: 1.52 KBytes/s (1554 bytes/s)
Old 11-22-2006, 10:05 AM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

does your username or password contain any special characters that might confuse flashfxp? or is it just letters and numbers?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:17 AM   #5
bfranker
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon
does your username or password contain any special characters that might confuse flashfxp? or is it just letters and numbers?
Nope, just letters and numbers. Strange, eh?
Old 11-22-2006, 07:37 PM   #6
bfranker
FlashFXP Registered User

Well, I have gone through the settings/options and checked and unchecked a whole ton of different options for connecting and each time the same result.

I'm guessing that other GoDaddy customers use FlashFXP? Pretty popular program for there NOT to be but, damn, can't figure this out... makes no sense why I can't connect to GoDaddy but I can to my other server.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:32 AM   #7
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

other than providing your login info to somebody else so they can try, which is understandable if you won't,
try to run network sniffer to see actual content of packets that are being sent.
you can try http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...twork/pmon.htm or WireShark(but it's more complex)
Old 11-23-2006, 09:55 AM   #8
bfranker
FlashFXP Registered User

I first tried to turn off everything I could in my task bar. Turned off programs one at a time then tried it all the way until I turned off all that I could. No joy.

Installed that packet monitoring program. Hit start, tried to login, login failed, then I stopped the packet monitor so all the below should be just what was going on with FlashFXP.

Now sure what that data will tell ya... looks like jibberish to me. LOL! The attachement is actually a .csv file but I just added .txt on the end so delete the .txt and you'll have the .csv file. Thanks!

Last edited by bfranker; 11-28-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

you should've clicked on the entry that was created when you tried to login to get detailed info window, similar to this screenshot
http://www.analogx.com/contents/graphics/pmon.gif
Old 11-28-2006, 11:04 PM   #10
bfranker
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon
you should've clicked on the entry that was created when you tried to login to get detailed info window, similar to this screenshot
http://www.analogx.com/contents/graphics/pmon.gif
Ok, gotcha and did that But, there are many windows that are like that so not sure what you want me to look for? I have verified it is sending the correct username and password... is that what I should look for or something else?

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #11
Rev Tom

Default 530 Login authentication failed

Hey,
I ran across your blog while trying to see if anyone else had figured out my identical problem. I finally got it fixed! After several calls to GoDaddy, I finally got someone who thought to look at the Hosting Details. Click on "Final Details," "Account Established (then on Start)", then on edit. It turns out that when I installed WC it assigned an incorrect IP Address. Support gave me the correct one and it works fine. I suppose you'd have to ask support for them to give you the IP Address as it seems they don't think to look there first.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:43 AM   #12
bfranker
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Tom
Hey,
I ran across your blog while trying to see if anyone else had figured out my identical problem. I finally got it fixed! After several calls to GoDaddy, I finally got someone who thought to look at the Hosting Details. Click on "Final Details," "Account Established (then on Start)", then on edit. It turns out that when I installed WC it assigned an incorrect IP Address. Support gave me the correct one and it works fine. I suppose you'd have to ask support for them to give you the IP Address as it seems they don't think to look there first.
Hmm... I don't see anywhere that has "Final Details" or "Account Established" or anything like that. But, for the heck of it, I did try "Server IP Address" and got the same results as if I use the "Dedicated Hosting IP". For my other FTP software I use the "Dedicated Hosting IP" address and it works fine. Strange with this software that when I put in either of the above IP address OR even my url it always gets past the username but then fails on the password

I'd like to buy FlashFXP but since I can't get it to connect I guess I'll have to find something else.

Rev Tom, did you get a dedicated IP? If not, that could explain why I don't see the same menu options as you. If you do have a dedicated IP, please let me know where I can find the options you talk about to click on as I've looked all over and don't see anything remotely close to what you are talking about

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, login, [r], [x]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: