Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 08:10 AM   #1
jakob.engell
FlashFXP Registered User

Question Slow upload speeds :-(

I use flash FXP to transfer large files 1-5 GB
I can do this with about 2000-3000 KB/s. this is not the full speed of our connection but so what, its proberly pretty normal, seen this speed in other FTP programs aswell.

But for fun and games i sat around playing with total commander, made an FTP connection to our servers and to my big suprise it transferred with 6000-7000 KB/s

Total Commander is much faster then flash fxp, i tried playing with the TCP buffer but it dosnt really help. I took a look in the FTP server log and booth programs send the same commands, and all limits are disabled.... so what gives, do you know about this problem and is there anyway to fix it?

3000 compared to 7000 is not good

Last edited by jakob.engell; 09-14-2006 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:21 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Was FlashFXP disconnected from any ftp sites when you changed the TCP/IP buffer size? If you're connected to a site the change isn't made until FlashFXP restarts.

FlashFXP is capable of transferring at much higher rates.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:44 AM   #3
jakob.engell
FlashFXP Registered User

Yes i even restarted the program to be completely sure..
Think i tried all the setting available, the very low settings, yielded speeds about 3-4KB/s and the highest buffer of 256 gave me the 2000-3000KB/s speed (also got this speed setting it to defaults)

Any other settings that could affect this? bit strange it think
Old 09-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

One other option is MODE Z, on high speed transfers if the cpu can't keep up you will get a lower performance than if MODE Z were disabled. You can disable MODE Z per-site or globally via the Preference dialog.

In some rare cases toggling "Use Passive Mode" mode on/off can offer better performance. If your connection isn't firewalled try unchecking "Use Passive Mode".
Old 09-18-2006, 03:18 AM   #5
jakob.engell
FlashFXP Registered User

I am running version 3.4, but it was the same with the previous version aswell.

Tried disabling modeZ and it didnt help, unfortunatly i am behind a firewall so i can only use passive mode.

But still total commander is using the same, commands, both passive and mode z. also looked at the computers resource meter and there was plenty off power even with mode z enabled.

Its pretty strange this
Closed Thread

Tags
commander, connection, ftp, fxp, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: