Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-03-2006, 11:32 PM   #1
FusedD

Default PC to PC file sharing?

Hello all, I have an interestesing problem.

I have two PC's running Win98SE and I want to be able to transfer files between the two through FTP. So naturally I thought of my favorite program, FlashFXP, and tried it out. However the method I am using doesn't seem to work. I tried setting one Pc to an IP of 192.168.0.10 and one to 192.168.0.20 and connecting. My OS doesnt require a username and password to sign in so I clicked the anonymous button. Suprise, no connection! My question is: Is there a way to use FlashFXP to FTP between two PC connected with ethernet through a router? IF someone could kindly explain this to me, or provide a link to a noobie tutorial, I would be much obliged. Thanks!

Edit: I apologize. My FlashFXP is build 905 and is registered
Old 07-04-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

flashfxp is an ftp CLIENT. you use it to connect to an ftp SERVER.
just like you use firefox or msie to connect to webservers..obviously you can't connect one msie to another.

your one computer will be running ftp client, in this case flashfxp, and your other computer must be running some ftp server.

and upgrade your flashfxp. build 905 is extremely old and buggy version.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
FusedD

Sorry my question obviously offended your Super Duper FTP knowledge. I may not have the in and outs of ftp CLIENTS down or know that it wouldn't do this. I connect to my Xbox on a regular basis, so I thought this might be possible. Since it is not, a no would have been enough, but that wouldn't have been arrogant enough, eh?

And my FlashFXP does what it needs to do obviously, upgrading the build wouldn't accomplish what I need so I don't see the point really.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:43 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusedD
Sorry my question obviously offended your Super Duper FTP knowledge. I may not have the in and outs of ftp CLIENTS down or know that it wouldn't do this. I connect to my Xbox on a regular basis, so I thought this might be possible.
offended? the question that you asked sounded like from somebody who doesn't understand the basics behind client/server type protocol, so i explained it to you as simple as i could. you connect to your xbox on regular basis becuase your xbox is running ftp server.
Quote:
Since it is not, a no would have been enough, but that wouldn't have been arrogant enough, eh?
i prefer to explain to people WHY, rather than a simple no..otherwise somebody would complain that i was too arrogant to spend my free time helping them
Quote:
And my FlashFXP does what it needs to do obviously, upgrading the build wouldn't accomplish what I need so I don't see the point really.
such ancient builds are no longer supported. you are free to use it as long as you wish, however if you have some issues with it, don't bother asking for help with it until you upgrade.

Tags
button, ethernet, flashfxp, ftp, suprise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: