Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
mshebi

Default Help in Importing text file (type 2)

Hi

I have read bigstar thread which is here but did find any information related to folder.

I want to organize different type of sites in different folders to make it convenient by using type 2. Please guide me how can I do it?

Desperately needed your help

Regards

mshebi
Old 04-06-2006, 01:47 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The group must be manually set during import. The text format doesn't provide folder support.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:37 AM   #3
mshebi

Ohhh! is there a way to replace username/password in sites.dat by using any text editor. Actually I have a forum in which we share 99FTPs and every user has his own username password for all FTPs, so how can we do it easily?
Old 04-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm afraid not. Although the next release of FlashFXP will include a new XML site import/export format that we've designed with websites in mind.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:51 AM   #5
mshebi

can you provide a simple utility which can change username/passwords at once?
Old 04-07-2006, 04:49 AM   #6
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

If you have perl installed, you can use something like
Code:
perl -e "while (<>) {$_ =~ s/^User Name: .*$/User Name: yourusername/; $_ =~ s/^Password: .*$/Password: yourpass/; print $_}" importfile.txt >exportfile.txt
This will edit all the "User Name:" and "Password:" lines to write "yourusername" and "yourpass" (don't forget to edit the latest two).

Whatever language your forum is using (most probably PHP or perl), you can use similar regexps to generate the file dynamically from a single template. You only need to use variables instead of fixed usernames and passwords. Note that this means you have to store usernames/passwords somewhere on your forum/website/database.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:31 AM   #7
mshebi

great! I got it
but it will be very helpful if you make a simple utility for windows to change username/password in sites.dat ... we can replace username easily by opening sites.dat in any text editor and using search and replace function, but password cannot replaced due to encryption.
Please help
Closed Thread

Tags
convenient, folders, make, sites, type

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: