Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
Canine

Default 530 error

Hello
I am a new user of Flash FXP and am having trouble getting to grips with it. Each time I try to make a connection, after being advised that a connection has been made, I get a 530 error. I return to Site Manager and re-check the username and password but to no avail. At what stage does 'logging in' take place? When I open Flash FXP I am instructed to enter a password and I enter the same word that I use in Site Manager. Can I change the password at will or is it the case that once selected it becomes a permanent fixture? Is it likely that I'll have to uninstall the Evaluation copy of the program and then re-install?
Canine.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Without seeing a full copy of the ftp session log it's hard to determine what's causing the 530 error.

The password you enter when FlashFXP starts up is not the same password you would normally use for a site in the Site Manager.

Both passwords are completely seperate and can be changed at any time.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:49 AM   #3
Canine

Smile

Thanks bigstar. I am unfamiliar with the terms but if 'log' is the sequence of events it went like this:-
Connecting to Dragon
Connected to Dragon
220 dbs 3000
User Canine
331 Please specify the password
PASS hidden
530 login incorrect
Connection failed.
If this isn't the log that you need please tell me where on the program I can find it. Thanks.
Canine
Old 04-01-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

this is log he was talking about.
it appears that either your username or password are incorrect. also some servers give that type of responce if server is full and doesn't allow any more users in.
Closed Thread

Tags
530, error, fxp, manager, password

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: