Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
bknight2
FlashFXP Registered User

Question Logitech MX1000

I recently got the Logitech MX1000 wireless mouse as a Christmas present. Its a nice mouse and Im pretty happy with it so far except for its performance in FlashFXP. With my microsoft mouse, I was able to use my thumb buttons to move forwards/backwards through folders in any site. I am not able to do this with the Logitech. I experienced the same problem with the Firefox web browser, but FAQs at the Logitech homepage offered a solution to that problem. I was instructed to assign the keys in the mouse property window to be ALT+left or right arrow depending on back/forward commands. I changed them back to see if that was my problem but it wasnt. I was curious if anyone else experiences this and if there is a fix in the works?!?

Thank you for your time,
BKnight
Old 01-09-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
wooolF[RM]
ioFTPD Foundation User

Assign your thumb mouse button to a key called Backspace. Problem solved.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:36 AM   #3
bknight2
FlashFXP Registered User

Thank you for the suggestion! I wish that in general, the mouse and software would accept these features without having to reassign the keys at all. After all, why would Microsofts mouse give me no problems when it to has thumb buttons? And...I still cant go forward with the way the mouse is set up...but again, THANK YOU!

Bknight
Old 01-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #4
Griffin

I had the exact same problem for a while before I figured it out. I too tried assigning the buttons to the same functions as you did, but with no luck. What did work for me though, was to assign #7 and #8 (the thumb buttons) to "standard button" (Other -> Standard (at the bottom)). If you don't know what I mean I'll make a screenshot for you.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
Hetfield
FlashFXP Scripter

Thank you very much Graffin. I had this problem myself too but i was to lazy to figure it out, but your suggestion is perfect
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, logitech, mouse, mx1000, problem

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: