Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
rick3
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Trouble with 426 error; Help please

what is a 426 error as follows and where do I need to look to fix it?

426 Retrieve aborted; Connection closed, transfer speed too slow.

I can log in and see file listings (although the file lists seem to 'stick' a few seconds now before showing the complete list.) The transfer speed can vary from 150KB or more per second .. down to 0.5KB and is very eratic compared to the steady 140-170 that I'm used to from this site. After about 20 seconds into the transfer it is aborted and the 426 error comes up.

About a year ago I could not connect to this site (which is half way around the world) with another FTP client. Switching to FLASHFXP made those connection problems go away.

I've read in these forums something about SSL and FLASHFXP with regards to AUTH SSL vs AUTH TLS. Swapping out that setting gave different speeds, but no complete transfer.

The manager of the site says everything is cool on his end .. you can see from the log: I can get onto the system, it just comes down to the file transferring.

I access a second FTP site (that does not use ssl) without any issues or problems.

Below I've listed some of the other setup adjustments that I've tried (all bring the same results) ... and provided a log of one of those logon and filetransfer attempts.

Can you help?

RICK

* FlashFXP v[3].[2], build [1080], [x]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [x] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [x] Yes & Model [windows 2003 server], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [x] Yes, Name [Norton ], Ver. [ ], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [x] Yes, Name [Norton] or [ ] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [x] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

The above configuration is the primary one that I've used on a client in my network (WINDOWS XP CLIENT on WINDOWS 2003 SERVER).
I've turned off the firewall and antivirus - doesn't make a difference.
I've installed on another client using MCAFEE ENTERPRISE 8.0i with the same results as above.
I've even installed directly on the server box so it would have a direct line to the internet; same results.

The log below my last attempt .. by connecting the cable modem directly to the windows xp client with the same results.
(I've changed my IP address and the site's address to 000.000.000.000 and 111.111.111.111 etc throughout and other sensitive info to xxxxxxx or 1234)

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005
[R] Connecting to xxxxxxx -> DNS=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx IP=000.000.000.000 PORT=1234
[R] Connected to xxxxxxx
[R] 220-Hi all members.
[R] The best FTPClient to use at this FTP is FlashFXP with SSL function.
[R] Other FTPClients may have some difficulty getting access 2 all folders.
[R] You will find a FlashFXP version useable with this FTP at disc 2.
[R]
[R] Have fun
[R]
[R] 220 Roger
[R] AUTH SSL
[R] 234 AUTH command ok; starting SSL connection.
[R] Connected. Negotiating SSL session..
[R] SSL negotiation successful...
[R] SSL encrypted session using cipher AES256-SHA (256 bits)
[R] PBSZ 0
[R] 200 PBSZ=0
[R] USER dj Rick Mitchell
[R] 331 Password required for dj Rick Mitchell.
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 230 User dj Rick Mitchell logged in.
[R] SYST
[R] 215 UNIX Type: L8
[R] CWD /Disc 2/Forum members/Upload/Disco - House - Trance (No Subfolders and Infofiles Pls)/
[R] 250 CWD command successful. "/Disc 2/Forum members/Upload/Disco - House - Trance (No Subfolders and Infofiles Pls)" is current directory.
[R] PWD
[R] 257 "/Disc 2/Forum members/Upload/Disco - House - Trance (No Subfolders and Infofiles Pls)" is current directory.
[R] TYPE A
[R] 200 Type set to A.
[R] PROT P
[R] 200 PROT command successful.
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (000,000,000,000,226,122)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 000.000.000.000 PORT: 57978
[R] LIST -al
[R] 150 Data connection accepted from 111.111.111.111:1144; transfer starting.
[R] 226 Transfer ok.
[R] List Complete: 33 KB in 1.75 second (19.1 KB/s)
[R] TYPE I
[R] 200 Type set to I.
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (000,000,000,000,140,79)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 000.000.000.000 PORT: 35919
[R] REST 3008044
[R] 350 Restarting at 3008044. Send STORE or RETRIEVE.
[R] RETR Ralphie B Sander Van Dien pres First State - First State.mp3
[R] 150 Data connection accepted from 111.111.111.111:1145; transfer starting for /Disc 2/Forum members/Upload/Disco - House - Trance (No Subfolders and Infofiles Pls)/Ralphie B Sander Van Dien pres First State - First State.mp3 (18651342 bytes)
[R] 426 Retrieve aborted; Connection closed, transfer speed too slow.
[R] Connection lost: xxxxxx
[R] Transfer Failed!
[R] Attempting to Reconnect.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:57 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
[R] 426 Retrieve aborted; Connection closed, transfer speed too slow.
as you can see from the error msg, that site is disconnecting you because your transfers are slower than it's required value.

Quote:
[R] You will find a FlashFXP version useable with this FTP at disc 2.
not good...
tell that site administrator that software piracy is not respected. if he want people to use flashfxp, he should direct them to the offical site, and not provide warezed version
Old 11-25-2005, 05:53 AM   #3
rick3
FlashFXP Registered User

Thanks for the quick reply.

1) Yes, I understand that it's kicking me off because of a slower speed. I was hoping that there might be a setting somewhere in the program that would help optimize my transfer rate so as not to go under the threshold. What settings would make a file transfer erratic, yet allow me to negotiate the file system without gettihng bumped off for speed problems?

As I've read in other posts, there was a bug with SSL transfer settings; are there any SSL adjustments I should make? Ar ethere other places I can adjust things to possibly sort this out?

A reminder: I can get online with another FTP site with a steady and strong 150KBs speed and used to be able to do so with this server. I've tried a variety of different configurations and no avail. The manager of the site says all his settings are the same as they have been when I was getting fantastic download speeds.

2) The manager of that site, btw, is a huge FLASHFXP fan. The note refers to a download from your site, not a crack/warez version. It's because of him that I'm a registered user here.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

RICK
Old 11-25-2005, 06:18 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

that site might be overloaded, or network routing between that site and you isn't optimal. in either case there isn't much can be done.
if you are getting good full speed from other sites, your flashfxp is optimally configured..
maybe ask site admin to lower that min transfer speed setting?
Closed Thread

Tags
connection, flashfxp, ftp, ssl, [r]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: