Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

FlashFXP v5.x Public Beta Please direct all comments, suggestions, bug reports, and feedback for public beta releases to this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Cool Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)

1. The current version does not support the "Custom Date Format"

I'm trying to custom the Date Format and make it display personality in Windows 7, but when I run the FlashFXP,

Oh! what has happened...?

PS,

Date Format Setting:
yyyy '年' M '月' d '日' dddd

Time Format Setting:
HH:mm:ss
Attached Thumbnails
Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug1-png  
Old 09-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Cool

2. The problem of Asian "Double Byte Character Set" still not solved

Well, it seems that the default character set and the environment of FlashFXP does not support or compliant with the Asian "Double Byte Character Set", and the FlashFXP Splited the "Full Double Byte Chinese Character" into two "Single Byte Characters", so it made the current version"Cannot show Chinese Correctly"!

And, I think the Japanese and Korean language would got the same problem because they use the "Double Byte Character Set" also!
Attached Thumbnails
Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug2-1-png   Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug2-2-png   Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug2-3-png   Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug2-4-png   Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug2-5-png  

Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug2-6-png   Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug-2-7-png  

Last edited by libojun; 09-09-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by libojun View Post
1. The current version does not support the "Custom Date Format"

I'm trying to custom the Date Format and make it display personality in Windows 7, but when I run the FlashFXP,

Oh! what has happened...?

PS,

Date Format Setting:
yyyy '年' M '月' d '日' dddd

Time Format Setting:
HH:mm:ss
Can you please export the following section from your registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International

You'll need to zip it up in order to attach it to your reply, .reg files cant be attached directly.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Can you please export the following section from your registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International

You'll need to zip it up in order to attach it to your reply, .reg files cant be attached directly.
OK, here is it.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z International.7z (757 Bytes, 1 views)
Old 09-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
2. The problem of Asian "Double Byte Character Set" still not solved

Well, it seems that the default character set and the environment of FlashFXP does not support or compliant with the Asian "Double Byte Character Set", and the FlashFXP Splited the "Full Double Byte Chinese Character" into two "Single Byte Characters", so it made the current version"Cannot show Chinese Correctly"!

And, I think the Japanese and Korean language would got the same problem because they use the "Double Byte Character Set" also!
Are you 100% that the translation is correct?

I am fairly sure that this issue is caused by a bad language translation file.

We have had a problems with the translation sent during submission not being UTF8 encoded and instead they were sent as double byte characters. FlashFXP and the translation manager expects the text as UTF8, while double byte characters may render correctly under some conditions they will not everywhere and that is why we use UTF8. I am still trying to figure out why, when, and how this happened, its possible that when the base of these translations were converted from v4.x that the conversion process was flawed.

Additionally the language files on our website located here should not be used with v5.0, they are v4.x specific.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Cool

3. Grammar problem: Different Language in Different Environments would got Different translation

In the new language file, the String "03EECE5A=Total" has been quoted everywhere in FlashFXP v5. Maybe it meet the specifications of English grammar, but it would not suit for other languages, and made other translators not easy to translate.

So, would you please make it "One by One", not "All in One"?
Attached Thumbnails
Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug-3-1-png   Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug-3-2-png  

Last edited by libojun; 09-09-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Are you 100% that the translation is correct?

I am fairly sure that this issue is caused by a bad language translation file.

We have had a problems with the translation sent during submission not being UTF8 encoded and instead they were sent as double byte characters. FlashFXP and the translation manager expects the text as UTF8, while double byte characters may render correctly under some conditions they will not everywhere and that is why we use UTF8. I am still trying to figure out why, when, and how this happened, its possible that when the base of these translations were converted from v4.x that the conversion process was flawed.

Additionally the language files on our website located here should not be used with v5.0, they are v4.x specific.

Yes!

I'm 100% sure that I got the newest language file because I got it from http://lang.flashfxp.com/5/download/...e%20Simplified

And, it is Download / Update automatically by FlashFXP v5 everytime.

Last edited by libojun; 09-09-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Okay good news.. I found out what went wrong... There was a mistake on my part. *phew* I thought I was losing my mind..

I am working on all of these bugs together as a single fix and hope to post a new build tonight or tomorrow. I need to finish up some additional testing to make sure nothing was missed.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
3. Grammar problem: Different Language in Different Environments would got Different translation

In the new language file, the String "03EECE5A=Total" has been quoted everywhere in FlashFXP v5. Maybe it meet the specifications of English grammar, but it would not suit for other languages, and made other translators not easy to translate.

As soon as all UTF8/Unicode issues are resolved I plan to do a full review of the translations and I have quite a few changes planned, please remind me of this if you don't see it changed.

We need to come up with a better way of separating nouns and verbs because in many instances the wrong translation is used. X3 had suggested that each translation has a developer/user comment area where additional information regarding the text could be displayed while simple to implement, it would be difficult and very time consuming to comment each individual line.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #10
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:

Im not sure if I understand exactly what you mean by this, I cant see anything quoted in the English part, if the translators have quoted the translation string and that's not correct then surely then the translation should be right.

I also dont know what "one by one" and "all in one" means, do you mean that different individual translated words are being mixed together to create a new sentence?? IF yes then it is a problem, currently FFXP uses string combinations to create a message and ideally because other Languages are not as simple as English, the mixing ends up creating a wrong resulting translation.
I have suggested that instead of using string A + String B to create a new sentence/phrase or line that such translations become a whole new stringset and they are translated as a whole.

All and all In Portuguese for e.g. where there can exist Nouns, Verbs, Masculine and Feminine in one sentence can result in very wrong compound translations, I can only imagine what other complex Languages like Chinese handle this.

I would like to see the examples of what you mean by "Different Language in Different Environments would got Different translation"
In v5 The Portuguese Translation got a massive overall and is still under review, The accuracy of the Translation was around 60% at best, it is now over 90% those 10% missing are for the compound strings still in use. It took me weeks to improve the translation and there is much work to do still. The point is that The words in PT Windows OS MUI vs FFXP Translated Words are now the same, for e.g. Copy, Paste, Delete etc.

Yes Translators work is not easy, but hopefully the feedback We provide to bigstar is improving the translator and strings, just because of this feedback I provided bigstar has fixed many issues in the strings and how and where they are used. Much work remains to be done, but it is being done. I have suggested string comments so that we can include information like where the translation is used other useful info so thta translators dont have to find out like I did, that some translations were in wrong context resulting in confusing results.

Thanks for reading this long post and hopefully it will help you in some way.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #11
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Please try v5.0.0 build 5669 and let me know if the problems are solved.

I tested several different combinations of windows versions with multiple different locales and I think everything should be working however please let me know of any problems.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #12
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

In build 3669, most of them are fixed, but some place still not...

such as
Attached Thumbnails
Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug-2-8-png  
Old 09-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #13
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
In build 3669, most of them are fixed, but some place still not...

such as
Thank you, I have fixed these and while fixing them I also noticed "Sites > Key Manager" dialog in the expiration field and the "Valid from" on the "SSL Certificate" dialog.

Have you found any others? I'll post the fix for these in about an hour or two once do another sweep to see if any others were missed.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thank you, I have fixed these and while fixing them I also noticed "Sites > Key Manager" dialog in the expiration field and the "Valid from" on the "SSL Certificate" dialog.

Have you found any others? I'll post the fix for these in about an hour or two once do another sweep to see if any others were missed.
I have got the build 3670 just now, and it seems that they are all fixed!
Old 09-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #15
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3 View Post
Im not sure if I understand exactly what you mean by this, I cant see anything quoted in the English part, if the translators have quoted the translation string and that's not correct then surely then the translation should be right.

I also dont know what "one by one" and "all in one" means, do you mean that different individual translated words are being mixed together to create a new sentence?? IF yes then it is a problem, currently FFXP uses string combinations to create a message and ideally because other Languages are not as simple as English, the mixing ends up creating a wrong resulting translation.
I have suggested that instead of using string A + String B to create a new sentence/phrase or line that such translations become a whole new stringset and they are translated as a whole.

All and all In Portuguese for e.g. where there can exist Nouns, Verbs, Masculine and Feminine in one sentence can result in very wrong compound translations, I can only imagine what other complex Languages like Chinese handle this.

I would like to see the examples of what you mean by "Different Language in Different Environments would got Different translation"
In v5 The Portuguese Translation got a massive overall and is still under review, The accuracy of the Translation was around 60% at best, it is now over 90% those 10% missing are for the compound strings still in use. It took me weeks to improve the translation and there is much work to do still. The point is that The words in PT Windows OS MUI vs FFXP Translated Words are now the same, for e.g. Copy, Paste, Delete etc.

Yes Translators work is not easy, but hopefully the feedback We provide to bigstar is improving the translator and strings, just because of this feedback I provided bigstar has fixed many issues in the strings and how and where they are used. Much work remains to be done, but it is being done. I have suggested string comments so that we can include information like where the translation is used other useful info so thta translators dont have to find out like I did, that some translations were in wrong context resulting in confusing results.

Thanks for reading this long post and hopefully it will help you in some way.

Well, I have got a easy way to solve this problem, maybe other similar problems can be solved like this!
Attached Thumbnails
Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug-3-3-png  

Last edited by libojun; 09-11-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
custom, date, flashfxp, format, setting

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: