Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

FlashFXP v5.x Public Beta Please direct all comments, suggestions, bug reports, and feedback for public beta releases to this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
fei249
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog

The "Preference" dialog cannot show Chinese normally.

And the Interface of FlashFXP is garbled after Import custom language file.
Attached Thumbnails
Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap1-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap2-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap3-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap4-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap5-png  

Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap7-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap8-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap10-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap11-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap12-png  

Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap14-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap15-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap17-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap18-png  
Attached Files
File Type: ulf Chinese Traditional.ulf (36.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thank you for your bug report.

I have discovered a couple different issues.

Some of the languages files that were included in the FlashFXP v5 release have an extra CR/LF inserted before the [UTF8/MIXED] header, this unexpected CR/LF can cause the detection of the [UTF8/MIXED] header to fail and trigger a ANSI/Charset conversion from the current OS locale to UTF8 which could mangle the end result. This issue has been addressed to ensure that the language files included with FlashFXP do not contain this unnecessary CR/LF.

This issue also effected the language files downloaded by FlashFXP via (Languages > Download / Update Languages) and updates downloaded via the Translation Editor (Languages > Translate), it did not however effect language updates downloaded during a Live Update check.

While I am not 100% sure if these issues I found apply to the bug you reported above, they were discovered while investigating this issue.

I also found a couple problems with the "Chinese Traditional.ulf" file you included in your bug report.

Did you try to import a language file from FlashFXP v4.x into v5.x?
(for some multi-byte ANSI languages this may or may not work depending on several different factors.)

If not can you please explain where the original file that you tried to import came from?

The file you attached, I am assuming that this is the version of the file after import, is that correct?

Can you please attach a copy of the original file that you tried to import.

The problem I am seeing with this language file is that the file and the text within it are not UTF8 encoded and this is most likely causing most of the problems.

FlashFXP v5.x uses UTF-8 encoding everywhere and in many places it expects the text to be UTF-8 encoded text, While in some places ANSI multi-byte text might render correctly this is not correct and will cause many problems down the road.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #3
fei249
FlashFXP Registered User

1. To translate FlashFXP v5 via the Translation Editor and Save (Snap19.png)
2. To Export the language file to "Chinese Traditional.ulf" (Snap20.png & Snap21.png)
3. To select Options -> Language -> (user created) and FlashFXP v5 return to English (Snap22.png)
4. Try to select Options -> Language -> Import -> Chinese Traditional.ulf and then select the "Chinese Traditional (user created)" language (Snap23.png ~ Snap26.png)
Attached Thumbnails
Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap19-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap20-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap21-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap22-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap23-png  

Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap24-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap25-png   Chinese language issue for "Preference" dialog-snap26-png  
Attached Files
File Type: dlf Chinese Traditional.dlf (45.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: ulf Chinese Traditional.ulf (36.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: ulf .ulf (46.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I am not sure whats going wrong with the Chinese Traditional.ulf

I regret that you might need to delete this file and start fresh by loading the default Chinese Traditional and then make any changes based on the current default, then when you save the changes it will create a new Chinese Traditional.ulf file and this new file should be correct, if not please let me know.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I was able to fix it at least for me.... IF this works for you guys here what it was.

1) Header in file, put the order same as in original , name, version, date etc (if it matters at all)
2) With notepad++ Menu - Encodings >converted to utf8 without bom

Saved file and loaded in Flashfxp all was ok.
Obviously I dont read or understand Chinese so please lookup to see if anything needs correcting.

By looking alone the "。"all look to me like "." < full stops and need replacing but I could be wrong....

See attached

Edit the last .ulf https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/attach...ce-dialog-.ulf attached by @fei249 seems to be ok so idk... I dont get any non display like in screenshots.

My about box has a few ???? ???? ???? using any of these which looking at the @fei249 screenshot it looks ok yet mine is not

The language I attach below is at best a hack to see what is what which works just as good as the one I mention above attached only as .ulf (nofilename)
Attached Files
File Type: ulf Chinese Traditional.ulf (45.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by X3; 09-02-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Well, it seems that the default character set and the environment of FlashFXP does not support or compliant with the Asian "Double Byte Character Set", and the FlashFXP Splited the "Full Double Byte Chinese Character" into two "Single Byte Characters", so it made the current version"Cannot show Chinese Correctly"!

And, I think the Japanese and Korean language would got the same problem because they use the "Double Byte Character Set" also!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by libojun View Post
Well, it seems that the default character set and the environment of FlashFXP does not support or compliant with the Asian "Double Byte Character Set", and the FlashFXP Splited the "Full Double Byte Chinese Character" into two "Single Byte Characters", so it made the current version"Cannot show Chinese Correctly"!

And, I think the Japanese and Korean language would got the same problem because they use the "Double Byte Character Set" also!
What specifically are you referring to?

There were some issues with the rendering where the UTF8 text was rendered directly as Unicode (the conversion from UTF8 to Unicode was missing) and I believe all of these issues have since been resolved in the current build.

In the about box the issue related to the ??? was caused by the use of the wrong text control, the control wasn't updated to the newer Unicode version.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
What specifically are you referring to?

There were some issues with the rendering where the UTF8 text was rendered directly as Unicode (the conversion from UTF8 to Unicode was missing) and I believe all of these issues have since been resolved in the current build.

In the about box the issue related to the ??? was caused by the use of the wrong text control, the control wasn't updated to the newer Unicode version.
I have post a list here https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/flashf...0-0-build.html

and updating the problems one by one, please wait for me.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
fei249
FlashFXP Registered User

The issues are fixed on build 3670
Old 09-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thank you very much for confirming that the issues are now resolved.
Closed Thread

Tags
chinese, dialog, flashfxp, language, preference

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: