Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Custom Commands Download, share, or get help creating your own.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:42 AM   #1
wasc0783

Default Automate a daily backup of a FTP accessible directory using FlashFXP

Hi there.

I have a directory which I would like to backup on a daily basis (automated using FlashFXP). More specifically every day I want the files to go into a directory with the days date on it. I have already tried doing this but having difficulty setting the local source path.

What I have done so far is as follows;

1) Added the files into a queue in FlashFXP and saved this.

2) Made the following Windows batch file;

Code:
md "%date:/=-%
"C:\Program Files\FlashFXP\FlashFXP.exe" -tray -c2 -localpath="C:\mysite_Backups\%date:/=-%" -go "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FlashFXP\3\mysite.fqf"
To take you through this, the first line (md) creates a folder with todays date.
The second line fires up flashfxp and transferes the saved queue, however although I have set the local path correctly, it changes the local path to the one in the queue so the files download into the wrong folder (My Documents instead of c:\mysite_backups\todaysdate)

Is there a way I can remove the "local source" from the queue file so the queue specifies only the site and files to pull down and not the local directory to pull down to?
Old 05-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm afraid you can't mix using a queue file with -localpath.

You'd need to use some sort of automation tool to update the actual content of the queue file prior to executing flashfxp.
Closed Thread

Tags
download, flashfxp, ftp, local, queue