PDA

View Full Version : How to increase speed on dZSbot's output?

CP-Geek
10-03-2004, 09:32 PM
Howdyho.

I think I really should thank You ppl for some great script's! I can't imagine how I could do without them :)

But. As usual, there's a but coming.

How could I increase the speed bot print's stuff to irc? I don't have to care about flood, I have a dedicated channel for my server, and it's obly for my use. I already disabled floodcontro, but couldn'y find any speed-settings for dZSbot?

I'm using ioFTPD 5.8.4u + dZSbot 1.15 + Eggdrop 1.6.16+hpux (Windrop) on Windows 2003

CP :)

neoxed
10-03-2004, 11:28 PM
When you say, "I have a dedicated channel for my server" I am assuming you run your IRCd? Since anyone can create their own “dedicated”, channel by doing /join #<random channel>. ;)

Most IRCds have a relatively low RecieveQ (how many lines can be recieved by a client) as a preventative measure against flooding. When you say you have "disabled floodcontrol" this could mean many things. With bahamut based IRCds (maybe others?) you can create a seperate client class with a larger RecieveQ. Some IRCd's have a designated user-mode or channel-mode (UnrealIRCd) which exempts a used from these limits.

If you have in fact disabled/exempted the Eggdrop from such anti-flood measures, you could try increasing the max message queue in your Eggdrop's configuration file. The configuration directive is called max-queue-msg, you could try increasing it (if you don't have it, add it).

Excerpt from a default eggdrop.conf
# Set here the maximum number of lines to queue to the server. If you're
# going to dump large chunks of text to people over IRC, you will probably
# want to raise this. 300 is fine for most people though.
set max-queue-msg 300

You could also try replacing all "putserv" and "puthelp" commands with "putquick" in dZSbot.tcl, which prioritizes the output to IRC.

CP-Geek
10-04-2004, 11:09 AM
I re-installed my IRCd, just to be sure. But no, the problem is either in windrop, dZSbot or ioFTPD, the output for example !help is extremely slow. Maybe a line per second, and that is too low.

It's not question of power, setup run's on XP2800+ w. 512 MB memory, and it's definetly not maxed yet :D

Any ideas?

CP :)

neoxed
10-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by CP-Geek
Any ideas?Yeah...I gave you two possible solutions, re-read my previous post (the last two points).

CP-Geek
10-04-2004, 04:39 PM
I tried all those before I posted. (Sorry dude, just forgot to mention that, my bad) but it's still sluggish. I think I saw a very little speed increase on "putquick", but it's barely anything to talk about. If my file server wasn't on windows I'd drop all these to one of my debian's :rolleyes:

CP :(