PDA

View Full Version : ioReserve

laShan
02-18-2004, 06:38 AM
This script makes it possible for users to reserve releases to make sure they can finish leeching stuff they want before it's wiped.

The script consists of three parts; ioReserve.tcl, ioReserve.itcl and
CheckReservations.itcl. ioReserve.tcl is for use with a bot, ioReserve.itcl is to enable site commands, and CheckReservations.itcl is to make sure stuff isn't wiped if there are any reservations.

This script does not currently work together with any automatic clean up scripts or utilities. It works with manual wipe only.

Get the script here (http://www.ioftpd.com/scripts/script.php?id=39)

-- laShan

laShan
02-18-2004, 09:30 AM
I've been making some changes for r2 of ioReserve, but I'm waiting a bit with releasing it to see if there's any input. New in r2 so far is:

* irAllowed limits number of reservations to set amount
* Possible for siteops (or who ever you chose basically) to see, and change, all users reservations

scull
02-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi ..

How does your script save the "reservations" in "irPath"? .. files with "ioReserve.release.name-group" names or ?

Could be useful info to other scripts .. ;)

//Scull

laShan
02-19-2004, 02:53 AM
The most obvious way to find out would be to test, hehe ;) It saves the files as ioReserve.<user>

laShan
02-19-2004, 08:11 AM
Release 2 of ioReserve is now available for download. Changes in this release are:

* Added a variable to limit amount of allowed reservations
* Made it possible to allow admins (or whoever you want actually) to see, and change all users' reservations

The new administration system is obviously the big news and I will most likely continue to improve that. I'm happy for any [positive :p] feedback and suggestions.

ChipMunk666
02-21-2004, 01:08 AM
I will check it mate
thx a bunch

laShan
02-21-2004, 01:50 PM
ioReserve is now supported by WarChive (http://www.ioftpd.com/scripts/script.php?id=41) :)

ds-
03-02-2004, 06:12 AM
2laShan
dzbot say:
[11:49] Tcl error [reserve_add]: syntax error in expression "[llength $reserve($whfile)] => $irMax": extra tokens at end of expression

pleas help... the site command 'site reserve' get error too :/ >

site reserve my_test_dir
550 Command failed.

but other ioreserve commands is good

site reservations
200-You don't have any reserved releases.
200 Command successful.

site allreservations
200-Checking reservations...
200-
200-Done checking reservations!
200 Command successful.

.thx.

zuge
03-02-2004, 07:45 AM
if {[llength $reserve($whfile)] => $irMax} {

should be:

if {[llength $reserve($whfile)] >= $irMax} {

laShan
03-04-2004, 07:04 AM
Ooops :o Typos can do a lot of harm :(

ioReserve R3 available for download, which fixes this problem.

However, that only explains why it doesn't work with the bot, not the site command (no typo there). ds-, are all your settings correct? And does the dir where the reservations are saved exist?

biboun
03-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Works fine but must create ioreserve.user myself. normal ?

If the file doesnt exist, the script crash.

--------------------------- ErrorInfo ----------------------------
can't read "reserve(user)": no such variable
while executing
"llength $reserve($whfile)"
(procedure "reserve_add" line 12)
invoked from within
"reserve_add "
invoked from within
"if {[string tolower [lindex $args 0]] == "reserve"} { reserve_add }"
(file "..\scripts\ioReserve\ioReserve.itcl" line 173)
--------------------------------------------------

& Must add a variable in proc load_reserve

proc load_reserve {whfile} {
global reserve irPath exstresrv args

laShan
03-04-2004, 09:07 AM
Oh, how nice! I fix a bug and create another. Such is life! Release 4 coming in just a few minutes.

laShan
03-04-2004, 09:18 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience, silly me! Anyways, here's (http://www.ioftpd.com/scripts/script.php?id=39) an updated version of the script, this time hopefully bug free.

Changelog:
R4 - * Fixed a bug that would occur if a users file didn't exist.

cerces
03-04-2004, 09:47 AM
could you add a check for "site wipe -r %f"-like flashfxp commands ? (-r is used for gl wipe)
that would be nice :)
anyway, thx for this cool little script :d

laShan
03-04-2004, 10:28 AM
Sure, I'll add that in the next update of the script, but I won't release a new version just to add that. It's not that hard to just duplicate that wipe command and make a new one without the -r switch. ;)

Nice to hear you like the script :D

SomeoneWhoCares_2
04-03-2004, 05:06 PM
warchive support working for anyone?

site reserve dont_do_drugs-2004-ok
200-Reservation made! Please make sure to do 'site unreserve 1' when you're done.
200 Command successful.
site warchive
200-- WarChive ------------------------------------------------------------------
200-
200-- Deleting nukes ---------------------------------------
200---------------------------------------------------------
200-Deleting: dont_do_drugs-2004-ok
200-Kicking users inside path...
200-Enough space free on device
200------------------------------------------------------------------------[1.2]-
200 Command successful.

have
ioReserve=D:\ioFTPD\scripts\ioReserve\hi

set irPath "../scripts/ioReserve/hi/"

that right? :confused:

i guess if u reserve anything in a daydir your screwed since warchive wipes the whole daydir. but this test wasnt inside of any daydirs

laShan
04-14-2004, 02:27 AM
I'm sorry, I haven't tried using it together with Warchive myself, but from what I hear, it's working fine.

laShan
04-22-2004, 02:50 AM
Minor update to the script to support wipe commands using the -r switch, as requested by cerces. Upgrading is pretty easy, as the only script that needs to be upgraded is CheckReservations.itcl

talktwo
08-16-2004, 09:41 PM
does this work in conjunction with StormRW ?? or will StormRW over-ride this?

BerMUdaW
08-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Hi,

I installed the script.
Now when i'm trying to identify to the bot with

'/MSG BOTT !identify <my.user.name> <xxxx>'

i got this error message on the party line :

[01:10] Tcl error [reserve_identify]: can't read "location(IODIR)": no such variable

Any sugestions?

Greatings
BerMUdaW

P.S. -> Using ioReserve with WarChive and ioBanana v20

laShan
08-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Hello,

That's a mistake from my side :( Sorry about that. Download the new R6 version of the script and follow the upgrade instructions in readme.txt to upgrade from R5 to R6. The script is available here (http://www.ioftpd.com/scripts/script.php?id=39).

Thanks for letting me know, and sorry for the miss!

-- laShan

BerMUdaW
08-23-2004, 05:30 PM
Hi,

After doing the upgrade i got a new bug:

[00:28] Tcl error [reserve_identify]: can't read "irPasswdUtil": no such variable

Path i used:

# path to ioPasswd.exe by WarC
set ioPasswdUtil "W:/IoFTPD/scripts/ioReserve/ioPasswd.exe"

Any id ..

Greating BerMUdaW

laShan
08-24-2004, 12:58 AM
Yes. The problem is caused by the fact that since R6 the variable is irPasswdUtil, instead of ioPasswdUtil. I guess you copied the old variable over from the old script to get the correct path.

To fix this, replace this line:
set ioPasswdUtil "W:/IoFTPD/scripts/ioReserve/ioPasswd.exe"

With this:
set irPasswdUtil "W:/IoFTPD/scripts/ioReserve/ioPasswd.exe"

For future reference, when copying your settings from the old scripts to the new ones, only replace the part that's unique to you, since things may have changed since the last version (as in this case). I have added a note to the readme.txt to clarify this.

-- laShan

laShan
08-24-2004, 01:03 AM
talktwo, I haven't tested StormRW, but as far as I know StormRW overrides reservations made with ioReserve.

-- laShan

Grendel
09-07-2004, 12:13 PM
What is with the interaction of ioA's "Wipe" command ???
Should I disable ioA's Wipe ?

Grendel
09-07-2004, 02:13 PM
It is EXTREMLY
important that you place the wipe command before ANY OTHER wipe commands
you currently have.

ok.....try it :-)

laShan
10-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Grendel, sorry for the delay in my response. If you haven't tested it yet let me just tell you that as long as you follow the installation instructions, ioA's wipe will be stopped if the release you are wiping is reserved.

oldhouse80
02-10-2005, 02:58 AM
Tcl error [reserve_identify]: can't read "irPasswdUtil": no such variabl
e

I get this error when i try to identify meassaging the bot.
This is from my tcl

# path to ioPasswd.exe by WarC
set irPasswdUtil "c:/ioFTPD/scripts/ioReserve/ioPasswd.exe"

I was wondering if it has anything to do with the last part of the file where i see these lines:

proc reserve_identify {nick uhost hand arg} {
global ioPasswdUtil irBotNick dausers
if { $arg == "" } { return }

and u use ioPasswd instead of irPasswd. I don't have other ideas...

If i change that line using irPasswd, i get another error:

Tcl error [reserve_identify]: can't read "irIOPath": no such variable

laShan
02-23-2005, 05:59 AM
ioReserve has been updated to fix the bug mentioned by oldhouse above. Thanks for making me aware of this. I apologize for not checking the code any better than I did, but now this error has been fixed. You can download the new version at the script page (http://www.ioftpd.com/scripts/script.php?id=39).

-- laShan

oldhouse80
02-23-2005, 06:11 AM
I installed R7 but i still get this error when identifying.

[12:09] Tcl error [reserve_identify]: couldn't duplicate input handle: bad file number

I am using ioShareDB but i get this error also on local users (those not shared).

laShan
02-24-2005, 04:46 AM
First, I want to say that ioReserve R8 has been released. It can be found at the scripts page (http://www.ioftpd.com/scripts/script.php?id=39). I recommend all of you using the script over IRC to get this update.

Second, about your problem oldhouse, I have tried to recreate it, but with no luck. It could be a problem relating to ioShareDB and ioPasswd, but since I don't use ioShareDB myself and ioPasswd wasn't made by me, but by WarC, I'm not sure if that is the case.

I will continue to look into the issue and see if I can come up with anything. If there are any other users out there who have the same issue, or who have it working with ioShareDB, please let me know.

-- laShan

MidasKing
03-12-2005, 10:00 AM
ioReserve is now supported by WarChive
I see this affirmation since ioReserve R2...

But, I using ioReserveR8 and Warchive 2.1 and the reservations are being ignored for Warchive routines...

If I use "site reserve any.lame.stuff" and, later, "site wipe any.lame.stuff", ioReserve work sending message that release is reserved and keeps release...

The lines below exist in warchive.cfg:
# IoReservesupport
ioReserve="c:\ioFTPD\scripts\ioReserve"
Somebody more is having this problem?

iam
04-16-2005, 08:10 AM
I installed all well
When i try to identify me on IRC:
[15:00] Tcl error [reserve_identify]: couldn't read file "test": no such file or directory
[15:00] Tcl error [reserve_identify]: couldn't read file "<test>": no such file or directory
I have tested <test> | test | "test" ...etc but not working

and for !allreservations [15:39] Tcl error [reserve_showall]: can't read "args": no such variable

laShan
05-03-2005, 06:52 AM
MidasKing, you should probably post your msg in the Warchive support thread instead.

iam, I would need to see your configuration, and the command you are sending the bot in order to be able to help you.

MidasKing
05-03-2005, 04:43 PM
IaShan...

I posted and... solved the problem....

Tnaks and sorry....

razoor
01-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Tcl error [reserve_add]: invalid command name "iputs"

I get this when i trie to reserve from irc.
Every other commands work thou, any idea what could be wrong.