PDA

View Full Version : ioShareDB

ZodMan
12-05-2003, 05:22 PM
ioShareDB v0.9.0

A user and group module that can be used to share a user database.

It's using an odbc connection to store users and groups.

Only tested with MyODBC and MySQL.

You can't rename users or gorups with this module.
Only use this module for testing until version 1.0.0 is ready.

http://www.ioftpd.com/scripts/script.php?id=44

Reb0ot
12-05-2003, 05:31 PM
w00t is all i have to say, still need to test it, will give some results when i have my machines up and running hehe

great work mate, finger crossed that it works

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btw if it works you should go and pick up your $145 price for making a script like this ;)

Mouton
12-05-2003, 06:09 PM
how does server react if mysql db is down ?

Unique
12-05-2003, 08:00 PM
cool men, your the first dude giving it a real shot i think.
respect! :cool:

peep
12-06-2003, 05:33 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed...

ZodMan
12-06-2003, 08:11 AM
Version 0.9.0 doesn’t cache anything and it does spam the db a lot.
But version 1.0.0 will cache everything on the local server,
so if the db goes down, it will sync when the db server comes back on.
It won’t spam the db that much and you will be able to specify delayed sync to save db load.

rAWfOX
12-06-2003, 09:32 AM
cooooooooool.... you have no idea how long ive been w8ing for this..... awsome work... respect.....

sCry
12-06-2003, 10:06 AM
But i have no any data base experiences.¡¡how to begin if i use odbc?

rAWfOX
12-06-2003, 02:34 PM
12-06-2003 20:34:35 ioShareDB v0.9.0 not loaded

is there a way to se why it dosnt load? cuz i cant find what i missed...

neoxed
12-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Great work :)

rAWfOX
12-07-2003, 05:10 AM
Got it to work ;)

Damn nice..

But you cant add a Master user, stats on iobanana and other scripts dosnt work.

darkone
12-07-2003, 06:25 PM
rAWfOX, anything/everything that uses shared memory (or ioftpd's tcl calls) for access should work. Other type of access hasn't been suggested since b5.

ZodMan, it shouldn't spam the database too often (only on lock & unlock requests.. since io does the caching for read purposes) I can't see any way to prevent that from occuring (you could add counter, which is incremented by one after each update, to each user & group - and only retrieve data, if counter value has changed)

Mr_X
12-07-2003, 08:41 PM
Very cool thing man. Big thx
Lots of people have been waiting for such thing (me too) ;)

SomeoneWhoCares_2
12-09-2003, 02:35 AM
thanks for this! trying it out now.. seems to only add entry to useridtable but not create anything in ..\users\
probably supposed to work like that as site uinfo works fine but site user (ioGroups) does not

also if not using gadduser and have a
GROUPS *
line in default.user seems to make trouble...

but it looks like its not using default.user at all when adding people

i also notice it doesnt work when io is running as a service, will this ever be possible?

darkone
12-09-2003, 06:04 AM
Yep, this is the way it should work... and this is the reason why I've urged, scripters to start using shmem rather than relying existance of files on filesystem (mapped file & window messages) Most iTCL scripts should be working without modifications :)

ADDiCT
12-09-2003, 06:10 AM
:offtopic: the reason why ioGroups is still reading the userfiles, is backwards compatibility with pre-5.2.11 versions

rAWfOX
12-09-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by ADDiCT
:offtopic: the reason why ioGroups is still reading the userfiles, is backwards compatibility with pre-5.2.11 versions

is there a version soon that will work with it? :D ;)

rozwellite
12-10-2003, 06:39 PM
I just started testing this module and the first thing i have come accross is that it is not picking up the default.user setting. Users are being added without flags and are being added with leech. And all users are being added with 0 logins. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

rozwellite
12-11-2003, 03:06 PM
Alright is me again. I just come across one other issue. I am getting this error in my error.log.

12-11-2003 20:44:04 Warning: Group file for group '(null)' does not exist, or is corrupted.

ZodMan
12-11-2003, 03:38 PM
I Think I know the reason for that error, it's fixed in the next version
(forgot to set NOGROUP_ID if user has no group)

Default user and group file is not used by v0.9.0, but will be used by v1.0.0

Version 1.0.0 should be ready this weekend

To change a user to master you have to do this:

UPDATE users SET flags = 'M', time = NOW() WHERE name = 'user' AND locked = 0

and the sites will pick it up after the next db refresh

rozwellite
12-11-2003, 03:42 PM
wierd thing is all my users are in groups none of them are in "NoGroup"

darkone
12-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by ZodMan
I Think I know the reason for that error, it's fixed in the next version
(forgot to set NOGROUP_ID if user has no group)

Default user and group file is not used by v0.9.0, but will be used by v1.0.0

Version 1.0.0 should be ready this weekend

To change a user to master you have to do this:

UPDATE users SET flags = 'M', time = NOW() WHERE name = 'user' AND locked = 0

and the sites will pick it up after the next db refresh

Also, be sure to pad group arrays in userfile structure with -1, as 0 is valid group id (if there is space for it) Array containing MAX_GROUPS groups, should not have padding

ZodMan
12-11-2003, 05:06 PM
The module is already padding the array

ZeroMemory(lpUserFile->Groups, sizeof(lpUserFile->Groups));
ZeroMemory(tszGroupName, sizeof(tszGroupName));
for (iGroup = 0; (sReturn = SQLFetch(hStmt)) != SQL_NO_DATA;) // iGroup++ is here in v0.9.0
{
if (iGroup >= MAX_GROUPS || (sReturn != SQL_SUCCESS && sReturn != SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO)) break;

lpUserFile->Groups[iGroup] = lpGroup2Gid(tszGroupName);
if (lpUserFile->Groups[iGroup] == INVALID_GROUP)
//lpPutlog(LOG_DEBUG, _T("ioShareDB: Cannot resolve group '%s' to an id for user '%s'\r\n"), tszGroupName, tszUserName);
else
iGroup++;
ZeroMemory(tszGroupName, sizeof(tszGroupName));
}
SQLCloseCursor(hStmt);
if (iGroup == 0) { lpUserFile->Groups[0] = NOGROUP_ID; lpUserFile->Groups[1] = INVALID_GROUP; } // this line is missing in v0.9.0
else if (iGroup < MAX_GROUPS) lpUserFile->Groups[iGroup] = INVALID_GROUP;
lpUserFile->Gid = lpUserFile->Groups[0];

Can't find anything wrong so my guess is that it was NOGROUP_ID that caused the error

peep
12-15-2003, 05:06 AM
Any idea when the rls of v1.0.0 will take place?

wooolF[RM]
12-15-2003, 06:55 PM
when it's ready... :rolleyes: :D

rozwellite
12-16-2003, 10:25 AM
Other issue I have run accross is that for no reason at all certain users are getting negative 100s of gig credits. I have not been able to tell what i s causing the negative credits.

Jog
12-17-2003, 03:11 PM
i've tryed to start ioFTPD locally with the modules included but it crashes everytime and it doesn't start :(

it gave me in the event viewer a big dump of memory but it creates NO logs on /logs ... what's the matter??

I've Windows 2000 Server in ITA and using ioFTPD 5.2.15r ... is it compatible?

Mouton
12-17-2003, 03:29 PM
No.
You need latest version of io.

rozwellite
12-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Other another issue found. Seems when affils add users for their slots instead of them being added to the affil group they are added without a group. Hense them being in the NoGroup and causing that error I posted before. Ok thanks I hope to see the updated version soon. :)

Jog
12-17-2003, 07:57 PM
ok ... now i can run ioShareDB with 5.3.9r :D

but if i want to share preexistent user i can't .. i had to re-add groups & users??

does in 1.0.0 will be a function to import in the DB a list of user&groups?

it's a very good script :D

darkone
12-17-2003, 08:33 PM
It isn't certain how functional api i've created is.. (it should cover everything, but since I've never tested it - it's possible that i've missed something)

rozwellite
12-21-2003, 02:29 PM
Groups slots are also being messed up. Doesn't seem to keep the leech slots. Once a user gives the leech spot then its turns the slots for leech to 0.

Mouton
12-21-2003, 10:04 PM
That's the expected behaviour of ioFTPD.
Leech and group slots and decremented when used.
Group slots are refunded (incremented) on deluser, but leech slots are not refunded, to prevent leech slots rotation.

rozwellite
12-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Okay thanks, I just didn't notice with the regular io db. I guess I just wasn't paying as close attention.

rozwellite
12-24-2003, 01:08 PM
ZodMan is been awhile since we have heard anything from u. Just wondering if u had any news for us. Thanks

ZodMan
12-25-2003, 05:15 AM
There have been some delays on v1.0.0 due to limited time.
The code for v1.0.0 has been ready for some time now,
but I haven't done all the testing yet.

New in v1.0.0
- Local cache
- Sync cache
- Improved error and debug logging
- Username & password support for odbc connection
- Bug fixes

I will probably have some time later on today to do some testing.

rozwellite
12-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Well dont work too hard its xmas and all. Merry Xmas to u!!!

Lathieza
12-27-2003, 08:26 PM
got a problem with the shareddb / iobanana

226-CRC Checked: File is OK!
226-resolvePath 1: Error opening file 'c:\ioFTPD\users\445'

i get this after transferring a file
seems iobanana checks on hd for userfile instead of in
the shared db

how can i fix this ?

using:

ioftpd 5.3.9r / ioBanana 18free / ioA

neoxed
12-27-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Lathieza
got a problem with the shareddb / iobanana

226-CRC Checked: File is OK!

i get this after transferring a file
seems iobanana checks on hd for userfile instead of in
the shared db

how can i fix this ?

using:

ioftpd 5.3.9r / ioBanana 18free / ioA

ioBanana doesn't work with a shared DB as it relys on user files for changing/editing credits/stats etc.

Mouton
12-28-2003, 05:47 AM
Indeed.
I gave Harm new code for all the functions that required to read userfiles and groupfiles. He said he would probably use those in next version.
ioB (my branch) works fine with ioSharedDb.

Harm
12-28-2003, 07:05 AM
Most of them are already implemented in my "beta" version. But I am adding networked drives support too (+ some other nice features) and I need some more time.

Poema
12-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Could someone give me example line to read out the values dircectly in the sql database?

I dont understand the TINYBLOB type fields.

Why?

Because /msg sitebot !invite user pass is not working.
So i need a new invite script.

I use fbsql(.dll) for windrop to connect a database within TCL.

#### example test
sql connect 1.2.3.4 sqluser sqlpassword
sql selectdb ioftpd
sql startquery "SELECT * FROM users LIMIT 0,5" -array results
while {[sql fetchrow] != ""} {
set user $results(name)
set flags $results(flags)
set ratio $results(ratio)
set credits $results(credits)
set daydn $results(daydn)

if {$user != ""} {
putquick "PRIVMSG $chan :\002DBTEST\002 ( User: $user has flags: $flags ratio: $ratio credits: $credits daydn: $daydn)"
}
}
sql endquery
sql disconnect
######

Respond:
DBTEST ( User: Poema has flags: 1 ratio: credits: ~4< daydn: )

So i need to know how i get readable text out of the TINYBLOB fields and need to know how the password of the user is stored.
Still SHA1 or MD5 or whatever...

Thanx for reading.

ADDiCT
12-28-2003, 09:49 AM
blob = binary large object
i guess all u need to do is convert the (combined) binary characters to a long integer

in your example:
the blob contains '~4<'
'~' = (dec) 126 = (hex) 7E
'4' = (dec) 52 = (hex) 34
'<' = (dec) 60 = (hex) 3C
value = 126 * 256^2 + 52 * 256 + 60 = 8270908 bytes
or
value = 60 * 256^2 + 52 * 256 + 126 = 3945598 bytes
not sure which one is the right one :)

Poema
12-28-2003, 10:09 AM
Bah :) Why he did not use normal table fields :S
Too complex to build TCL code i think.

I think its a nice start for userdb sharing but a lot of work must be done before it works 100% (And compatible with other site bot scripts.. maybe a new version ioBanana needed, version for shared db and a version for non shared db)

So get rid of TINYBLOB fields and use normal VARCHAR fields i can read :P l. Only important thing is to store user passwords as MD5.

Mouton
12-28-2003, 10:14 AM
blob ares more efficient that varchars, thus his choice.
and u're not suspposed to read the db directly. ask io to give u the user's pwd, and it will work (through shared mem).

Poema
12-28-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Mouton
and u're not suspposed to read the db directly

Cant find any rule on that :)
With a sqldb you can create many nice TCL routines at eggdrop/windrop.

ask io to give u the user's pwd, and it will work (through shared mem).

I dont think eggy can read shared memory.

Why do such complex things while it can very easy?
And that blob.. its great to store binary files (images, files). But not for a variable. If BLOB is used for reducing db size then i dont mind if it is just VARCHAR. ioftpd table cant be so big to crash mysql or eating HD space. I have big MySQL db's holding more than 300.000 records and many fields.. its just 35Mb on disk.
I dont think ioftpd users table gets ever 300.000 users :)

anyway.. enough :) It was a good start but ioshareddb need much developing before it is interesting to use :P

ZodMan
12-28-2003, 02:18 PM
ioShareDB uses tinyblob on password, limits, ratio, stats and credits.
On password because it’s binary in the userfile structure.
On limits, ratio, stats and credits to simplify the DB table and the module coding.
To store credits as bigint, would require 10 fields,
limits would require 5 fields, ratio would require 10 fields,
and all stats would require 240 fields.
Storing it as tinyblob only require 11 fields.

v1.0.0 saves a userfile in ioftpd/users/ for each user. (local cache)
So most of the scripts that reads directly form the userfile will work,
but the scripts that modify the userfile will not work since
the userfile cache is only used if the db is offline at ioftpd startup.

Lathieza
12-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Zodman

why not using local user files and make the sqldb sync
e.g. every 10 mins to sql and make the other ftp's resync too?

so then every script can work and also you got a shared
userdb ...

(kinda mss script way for glftpd)

rozwellite
12-28-2003, 08:55 PM
scripts do work just have to wait for the latest versions to be released

Poema
12-28-2003, 09:04 PM
nice.. will it be a 2003 or 2004 release :)

Mouton
12-29-2003, 12:07 AM
I know of at least one site ring that use ioSharedDb + ioB (my branch) on all it's io sites (7 or 8 I think). Seems to work just fine.

rozwellite
01-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Well with the new year that came around new bugs came around also. On Dec 31 the iosahredb started to make 10000 calls to the db a min overloading the system. I ended up turning the clock back to the 30th to make it stop. Then i was getting 12-30-2003 00:07:31 ioShareDB: error register user, I figured this might have been do to the clocked being behind. So the next day i turned the clocks back up and the error went away. But now it turns out that there are numerous users that are just missing, accounts that lost ips or groups. And today i tried to delete an old deleted user a NULL user and I get snytex errors. So basically my db is prolly corrupt now. If there is anyway to fix this or if the new version is going to fix it please let me know.

rAWfOX
01-02-2004, 02:36 PM
any clues when u go public with 1.0? ;) :D

rAWfOX
01-06-2004, 04:28 AM
any news?

peep
01-08-2004, 02:41 AM
Can you give us some when-about when it'll be rlsed? Hours, days, weeks, months..? Been eager to try the v1 for weeks now.. :banana:

George_W
01-14-2004, 12:48 AM
while I also can't wait for v1.0 to be released I'm sure there's good reason for it being delayed...rather than having 10 posts asking when it's gonna be released why don't we give them some time and know that once they feel it has been properly tested and debugged I'm sure they'll release it to our waiting arms...till then just sit back and chill. :cool:

rAWfOX
01-23-2004, 10:55 AM
one question, does latest ioftpd (ioftpd 5.5.6) and dZSbot by B0unTy works fine with 0.9.0?

peep
02-08-2004, 02:43 PM
when v1 is released, will an upgrade from v0.0.9 be smooth and painless, or..? Just wondering whether I should install the present version or wait for v1 to be rlsed?

JoC
02-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Have development stoped or is it still lack of time that hold back the 1.0 release?

Mouton
02-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Zodman, the guy who posted this script, was never seen in #ioftpd or on this board before or after he posted the script. He will not answer any of those questions. Be patient. Either he will post a new version or he will not, but you won't know it before he does.

neoxed
02-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Zodman, the guy who posted this script, was never seen in #ioftpd or on this board before or after he posted the script.

Hmmm? He's been in #ioftpd for the last few months ==> /whois ZodMan

Mouton
02-27-2004, 08:26 PM
Yeah, i see him. Never saw him talk though. Logs say he didn't talk either... Maybe u can try to talk to him there.

rAWfOX
04-08-2004, 04:24 PM
anyone who had heard something from him?

/me still having hopes ;)

peep
04-11-2004, 02:54 AM
So did I, for several months, altho my hope has now somewhat faded away.. :-/
The one thing I wish ZodMan could do, is tell the rest of us wether or not this project has been put down, and if so, I would REALLY wish he could think about passing on the sc to someone else to continue this project.
Since this is the only public alternative out there for such a module, there's surely plenty of ppl who wants to see some progress..

ZodMan: Please think about it!

And if there's anyone out there who knows ZodMan and/or knows the status on this, please let us know!

wooolF[RM]
04-12-2004, 06:49 PM
many people want to see it publically available, prolly u're right... but think of some projects like PRE... u wont get direct axx to to it just because u want, u can cry all u want, it wont help :) Same here.

Or prolly ZodMan got fed up as people just used his "product" and he got minimum feedback... I don't talk about any material support/donations at all...

Peace

richto
07-07-2004, 12:27 PM
About time we gave up waiting and someone wrote another one...

neoxed
07-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by richto
About time we gave up waiting and someone wrote another one...
Easier said then done, and this was already tried. Mouton started a similar project, ioDistDB. However, no one volunteered to join and the project ended shortly after. It's not fair for Mouton to spend all his time coding it without any assitance. :)

peep
07-08-2004, 04:50 AM
Guess we all stopped waiting some time ago, but after all, using v0.9.0 will do until someone bears to take on the project of writing a new, similar module. That's all...

richto
07-13-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by NeoXed
Easier said then done, and this was already tried. Mouton started a similar project, ioDistDB. However, no one volunteered to join and the project ended shortly after. It's not fair for Mouton to spend all his time coding it without any assitance. :)

Well not all of us can code. Most can pay / donate though...

peep
07-14-2004, 04:52 AM
And this is a good point I've tried talking about. This script is really needed and I'm almost sure that there's alot of people out there willing to donate / pay for this kind of script.

ZodMan, instead of dropping this project, u could have put ioShareDB to be a part of the fondation and thereby recieve a sum of money from the fond or just simply started making v1+ versions only available for those who've bought a licence to use it from you. This is such a great project and u were onto something really great. I'm sad to see it discontinued
This also applys to Mouton and ioDistDB, you were also onto something great. you have the algorithm and all and I've read it several times and like your ideas.

iam
11-29-2004, 08:57 AM
anyone can help pleas for:
11-26-2004 09:35:02 ioShareDB v0.9.0 not loaded
why not loaded ?

richto
11-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Please post this in the support forum.

iam
11-29-2004, 12:53 PM
where ?

richto
11-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Other Script Support

neoxed
11-29-2004, 05:10 PM
He is posting in the proper post, really. This thread's topic is about ioShareDB afterall.

iam
11-30-2004, 12:51 AM
good :)
thus a response for my problem ?

hukker
02-12-2005, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by iam
anyone can help pleas for:
11-26-2004 09:35:02 ioShareDB v0.9.0 not loaded
why not loaded ?

Hello

a weird thing to check is the version of the odbc you downloaded, readme sez version 3.51 should be compatible... I tried the latest version of 3.51 on a windows 2000 pro system, and I kept getting ******** ioShareDB v0.9.0 not loaded.

I sudgest you try out an older here is a link for the one I used...
http://downloads.mysql.com/archives/myodbc-3.51/MyODBC-3.51.04.exe

then you can have a number of other reasons why it wont connect... firewall blocking it or maybe even a router.

alturismo
02-12-2005, 04:27 PM
might 1st check ODBC settings and make a "test"

to see if connection works basically ...

when yes u should start checking your setup if all nexessary is loaded

and settings are fine in ioFTPD.ini concerning ioShared ....

hukker
02-13-2005, 10:57 AM
I tested and tested for several hours, I thought firewall was maybe the issue but I dont think so since I pushed that "test" button in odbc and a connection was made... its just that it wouldnt work with ioFTPD later... it wouldnt connect to db or read it :\

durulink
02-14-2005, 12:19 PM
How do i add existing users to ioShareDB?

When i creat new user, ioShareDB work fine.

and my system is...

Windows 2000 PRO + SP4
MySQL 4.0.16 (not work in MySQL4.1.9)
MyODBC 3.51.11-1

neoxed
02-14-2005, 05:13 PM
durulink: http://www.ioftpd.com/scripts/script.php?id=123

durulink
02-15-2005, 04:46 AM
i had already tried ioImport.

but, do not creat anything in ioShareDB.

Probably, i dont understand about ioImport.

Is ioImport add existing users and groups to table of ioShareDB?

If it does, how do i do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i got it.

export from FTP1 (Maybe this is old) and
import from FTP1 to FTP2(new) use exported files from FTP1 :):)

THX neoxed. (--)(__)

Jog
02-16-2005, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by hukker
I tested and tested for several hours, I thought firewall was maybe the issue but I dont think so since I pushed that "test" button in odbc and a connection was made... its just that it wouldnt work with ioFTPD later... it wouldnt connect to db or read it :\

i had the same problem .. with MyOdbc latest version ... the test connections works but ioFTPD won't start.

i used an old MyOdbc and now it works!

it depends on versions of MySQL and MyOdbc!!!

I actually use:
MySQL 4.0.21
MyODBC 3.51.09
and it works

oldhouse80
02-16-2005, 06:52 AM
Here using mysql 4.1.9 and connector 3.51.10-2 and all works fine

durulink
02-19-2005, 09:57 PM
thx men. (--)(__)

but, How about Windows 2003 Server?
What kind of MySQL and MyODBC do you use in 20003 server?

MySQL-4.0.16/MyODBC-3.51.04 work fine.
but, i'm poor at MySQL management. so i cant start service. :):)
in these day, i'm busy studying for exam.

add another my test.

i tested windows 2000(+SP4) in below environment and work good.

MySQL-4.1.10
MyODBC-3.51.11-1

freak007
03-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Is ioShareDB discontinued in development ? I dont hope so.

Please Zodman give us a life sign.

Regards
freak007

CrAcKeR
10-25-2005, 06:16 PM
ioFTPD starts fine ,i can login

i added the settings into ioftpd.ini and copied the sharedb.dll to modules folder
made a test connection ,and got success

but when i try to add users or groups ,it comes with connection lost
and ioFTPD :( shuts down

Anyone had the same problem ?

i use ioFTPD 5.8.5,ioSHAREDhelpers,mysql 4.0.26 ,myodbc 3.51.12
in mysql administrator i can see the ODBC connection in sleep mode
can anyone help me ??

hukker
11-07-2005, 04:46 PM
check logs/debug file
if ioFTPD actually makes a connection to DB

CrAcKeR
11-07-2005, 06:34 PM
i saw in debug now..not loaded ,and i cant figure out why it doesnt

done all ,and ioftpd.ini is looking good

test connection also works fine :(

hukker
11-08-2005, 02:55 AM
i saw in debug now..not loaded ,and i cant figure out why it doesnt

done all ,and ioftpd.ini is looking good

test connection also works fine :(

try an older version of ODBC like this one, MyODBC-3.51.04 (http://downloads.mysql.com/archives.php?p=myodbc-3.51&v=3.51.04)

ChipMunk666
11-08-2005, 11:09 AM
where to find iohelpers scripts?
or even iosharedb scripts?

Jog
11-09-2005, 07:39 AM
i need help for import wkup,wkdn,allup,alldn,..... from mysql sharedb to a user file. I converted password without any problems, but on row with multiple values i don't understand the structure and how trasform the TINYBLOB of database on a row of userfiles as for example 'wkdn 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ......'.

Thanks for help

ChipMunk666
11-09-2005, 03:09 PM
the blob thing i didn't figured out yet myself...But what i do know there we're some flaws in ioSharedb 0.9. But the creator stopped development or didn't go public with it.
What i do know there we're some scripts released.I know u can alter the names and flags in the database but i just started with it so :(
These i found in my old hd ioShareDBPre.itcl and ioShareDBPost.itcl
Didn't implement those yet.cause i don't have any readfiles about them so i have to figure out how it works :) but i think i can figure that out easily.But would be great help if someone could post these scripts aswell ...

CrAcKeR
11-15-2005, 05:55 PM
anyone know a good quota/trial script that works wirh iosharedb

i've tested bquota and btrial , dont work ,since they r looking for userfile in

ioFTPD/users

any suggestions ??

jeza
11-16-2005, 01:34 AM
jTQ

LostSoul
11-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone,

I've got a problem with ShareDB: each time I add an user with the 'site gadduser' command, the user is added, but no row in the users_groups table is created, so i get a 'bad_gid' for that user. :confused:
Then, if I assign the group to that user again, everything goes fine. So 2 steps for each user... does anybody know where's the problem? :(
I use MySQL v4.0.21, MyODBC v3.51.04 and MySQL Administrator v1.0.21, and the ODBC connection is with password: the user I created has got all the rights for all the tables.
P.S.: is 0.9.0 still the last version of this wonderful dll?
Tnx!

sk1nt
11-21-2005, 07:29 AM
the blob thing i didn't figured out yet myself...But what i do know there we're some flaws in ioSharedb 0.9. But the creator stopped development or didn't go public with it.
What i do know there we're some scripts released.I know u can alter the names and flags in the database but i just started with it so :(
These i found in my old hd ioShareDBPre.itcl and ioShareDBPost.itcl
Didn't implement those yet.cause i don't have any readfiles about them so i have to figure out how it works :) but i think i can figure that out easily.But would be great help if someone could post these scripts aswell ...

The reason for abscense of readmes to those two files are that they were custommade for a ring and not meant be spread. Both are based on Harms old files if I can remember correctly.

ChipMunk666
11-26-2005, 06:07 AM
Hi everyone,

I've got a problem with ShareDB: each time I add an user with the 'site gadduser' command, the user is added, but no row in the users_groups table is created, so i get a 'bad_gid' for that user. :confused:
Then, if I assign the group to that user again, everything goes fine. So 2 steps for each user... does anybody know where's the problem? :(
I use MySQL v4.0.21, MyODBC v3.51.04 and MySQL Administrator v1.0.21, and the ODBC connection is with password: the user I created has got all the rights for all the tables.
P.S.: is 0.9.0 still the last version of this wonderful dll?
Tnx!

see the post just here above u need those files the get it correctly.
If u want it fixed u can use a tool like gui or an sql client editor. But than u have to this for each user.

peep
11-26-2005, 07:14 AM
I do have those files but I can't say for sure that it's the final version. I was helping harm bughunt the script before it was released and I'm not sure it's the final version I'm holding anymore. Since I'm not using ioShareDB any more, I could upload them and you could try them out to find out if they are in fact the final version

[UPDATE] Uploaded and pending approval.

razoor
03-03-2007, 08:57 PM
not shure if im dump or waht :confused:
But how do i install this script so it´s working?

where to add this? or whre do i make the changes? dont get that part =)

[ioShareDB]
database = ioShareDB # ODBC database to use
refresh = 60 # seconds between each db refresh. set to 0 if you don't use a shared db
id = 1 # server id, must be unique for each server, (1 - 255)