PDA

View Full Version : Protect the last account with M flag

Mr_X
11-15-2003, 11:47 AM
I set up an ioFTP to test if ioFTPD accepts to delete ioFTPD account (I logged in with this account and no account were created before deleting). It accepts to do it and then no one can log in anymore. You may think that's a crazy idea to do that, but what will the last person do if in a site, he deletes himself by error or for any reason? He'll have to stop io and recreate an account with M flag.
I suggest that ioFTPD must forbid deleting account with M flag if there's only one left.

Unique
11-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Only belgians would delete their last M account, then again notepad can change any account into a M account, and its always possible to just copy over default ioftpd user..

Mr_X
11-15-2003, 12:24 PM
Only belgians would delete their last M account, then again notepad can change any account into a M account, and its always possible to just copy over default ioftpd user..

First, belgians people are not so stupid as you think.
Second, this was to put ioFTPD on the test. Read carefully post before saying something stupid.

Mouton
11-15-2003, 03:51 PM
No good reason to implement that kind of check in a ftpd that you run from your computer, or even a remote comp of yours for that matter.

Since you can't give M flag to any users, you need access to the userfiles and you need to shutdown ioFTPD to give M to a user. Why would it be a problem to do that when u deleted all your M users ?

I really don't see the problem there.