PDA

View Full Version : More money

Mr_X
10-23-2003, 12:57 PM
If you want more registering you should post the changelog into the unregistered part of the forum every time a new ioFTPD is out . I'm sure more users will register.

VolVE
10-23-2003, 01:49 PM
I completely agree with this statement.

I would probably register immediately if I could read the changelogs for v5. Wondering what's fixed/new (even if I can't test it) is the only thing holding me back...

-VolVE

Zer0Racer
10-23-2003, 02:51 PM
It's like this all the time with new versions of ioFTPD, always solid bugfixes and great new features. You've probably seen the amazing speed results with new (early) b5 core on Xeon systems etc. So you must've known on some level just how good ioFTPD beta 5 is, and it's getting better by the minute!

It'll be interesting to see just how many new registered users there will be during the next couple of weeks now that ioFTPD has bandwidth limiting feature, something that has been keeping many r* users from moving over to ioFTPD.

darkone
10-23-2003, 02:51 PM
There really isn't point to post changelog (atleast in my opininion), before there's 'u' version of b5.. also I haven't been that active with changelog (as many of the releases so far contain fixes/optimizations rather than new features)

VolVE
10-23-2003, 03:24 PM
darkone: Shouldn't you be keeping a changelog /more-so/ because of bug fixes, instead of new features? ;)

In any case, I have seen the Xeon benchmarks, but I have no idea what new features are in v5 apart from a couple of sparse posts to the board.

I didn't even realise the bandwidth limiter was finished!

Maybe I'm just slow, but keeping track of a whole bunch of random posts is definitely a pain compared to reading a single post with a changelog...

Thanks,
-VolVE

Mouton
10-24-2003, 10:22 AM
dark: don't think u got anything to loose from having a changelog public.
can do it if u want.

EwarWoo
10-24-2003, 05:00 PM
Post a cut down version that shows bug fixes and additions but doesn;t state the ini changes :)