PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST - Overriding global # of connections per IP

Pharaoh
10-12-2003, 12:24 PM
I need to override the global limit of connections per IP for some users, but it is not possible in ioftpd.
For example, the current limit is set to 2 per IP, and I got an account of 8 FTP connections that I gave to many people, but I don't want them to connect more than once per IP, so I need to set this specific account to 1 connection per IP...

TIA.

PaJa
10-12-2003, 04:11 PM
SITE CHANGE <user> LOGINS <max_logins>

Doesn't work for ya?

ADDiCT
10-12-2003, 04:18 PM
he has 1 user account
there should be max 8 logins with that account at the same time
there should be max 1 login per different ip with that account at the same time

darkone
10-13-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Pharaoh
I need to override the global limit of connections per IP for some users, but it is not possible in ioftpd.
For example, the current limit is set to 2 per IP, and I got an account of 8 FTP connections that I gave to many people, but I don't want them to connect more than once per IP, so I need to set this specific account to 1 connection per IP...

TIA.

Hosts.allow (it isn't bound to account, but to ip)

Pharaoh
10-13-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by darkone
Hosts.allow (it isn't bound to account, but to ip)

300 people (& increasing) are using this account, mate...

darkone
10-13-2003, 03:59 AM
Hmms, how about setting global limit to 1connection per ip & specifying limit for other accounts (assuming that in such set-up, you only have few admin accounts along with that one shared account)

Pharaoh
10-13-2003, 04:11 AM
Hmms, how about setting global limit to 1connection per ip & specifying limit for other accounts (assuming that in such set-up, you only have few admin accounts along with that one shared account)

First, if I change the global limit to 1, nobody is able to connect more than once per IP,even if I set the allowed FTP connections for a specific user to 2 (or above)...they will only be able to connect from different IPs.
Second, I also have another account with many users which I need to allow it 2 connections per IP.

That's why it's important to be able to override the global limit for some users, or just cancel the global limit for connections per IP and make it per user limit for connection per IP.

darkone
10-13-2003, 04:39 AM
Per user, per ip limit is rather problematic to implement. I could give you option to set limit for allowed connections from single IP per account.

Example: You have Account1 that has max logins per ip set to 1, and Account2 that has max logins per ip set to 2.
- If you first connect using Account2, you will not be able to connect using before you log-off from Account1.
- If you connect using Account1, you will be able to login using Account2 concurrently. Second login to Account2 will be rejected.
- Or you can have two simultanous connections to Account2.

.. that's the best I can do for you, everything beyond that should be scripted instead.

Pharaoh
10-13-2003, 05:55 AM
Per user, per ip limit is rather problematic to implement.

It is possible, isn't it?

If I understood your suggestion - it doesn't help me much...

darkone
10-13-2003, 06:02 AM
It does help you.. however clients must connect in certain order to use more than one login at time.