PDA

View Full Version : a little solution for "i am getting stuck while entering the dir" - ioZs

ls`
03-27-2003, 02:28 AM
When you finish uploading a dir, sfv is all checked and COMPLETE dir created, .message file is written aswell. I had a problem that when i tried to CWD into the dir, i got stuck - that .message file didnt load completely, and I had to wipe the dir to access it again.
I thought thats because maximum number of chars were exceeded, but I've been told that there are no limits.

The problem is actually hidden in ioZs.ini, under
MESSAGE=.ioFTPD.message

You can ONLY use .ioFTPD.message; if you set MESSAGE=.message, you're most probably going to get the same prob. as I had.

Just FYI everyone :}

Stardog
03-27-2003, 09:17 AM
Maybe I'll remove that option in the future...but this is strange, as ioFTPD used to support .message files (in fact, just tested, and it does display .message files from other folders I have)...

The only reason I keep that option there, is if you want to disable .message support you would leave that line blank.

caladan
03-27-2003, 02:41 PM
ioftpd can definitly handle .message files

i had one time the case that a .message file AND the .ioFTPD.message file was in ONE dir. ioFTPD listed both one by one in status window ... so .message file is working fine.