PDA

View Full Version : editing html or htm file

rtt1969
04-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Everytime I try to edit an html file or htm file, it opens up in Word.

I have it set under options, file associations to open with internet explorer.

Does anyone know how to make it open in internet explorer to edit it.

It opens in internet explorer to view it, but not to edit it.

N-S
04-13-2005, 10:27 PM
As far as I know you can't edit anything directly in IE.

It is a browser not an editor.

rtt1969
04-15-2005, 07:38 PM
You can edit using internet explorer, you view the source file and make your changes and save it.

But when I click edit, it opens up in word. I don't want to use word to edit my website, it's changes all the code.

I wouldn't care if it opened in notepad, but for some reason it opens in word.

I really like this program, works good for me, but if I can't edit, then it I can't really use it.

MxxCon
04-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by rtt1969
You can edit using internet explorer, you view the source file and make your changes and save it.you can not editing using internet explorer.
what you described above is you call another application from IE. you are not editing html file by IE iteslf.

But when I click edit, it opens up in word. I don't want to use word to edit my website, it's changes all the code.

I wouldn't care if it opened in notepad, but for some reason it opens in word.

I really like this program, works good for me, but if I can't edit, then it I can't really use it.
Options menu, File Associations. configure html/htm viewer and editor there. do not put IE there but actual editor you want to use

sufian
09-06-2005, 02:05 AM
Hi,
I'm having the same issue with word loading up the files when I try editing them and I have already have my text editor set for the html/htm/shtml/php/asp files in the File Association area. Is there another setting I need to change somewhere?

MxxCon
09-06-2005, 06:55 AM
those are not valid file masks
they need to be in *.html format.
having just '.html' makes flashfxp think that you want to edit file called '.html'

sufian
09-06-2005, 09:53 AM
those are not valid file masks
they need to be in *.html format.
having just '.html' makes flashfxp think that you want to edit file called '.html'

I've tried that however they still open in Word.