PDA

View Full Version : New User Needs Help

ep2002
12-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Hi all,

I'm really happy to see a board dedicated to the FTP program.

I just started using it to see if it's worth buying.

Question...

I have 2 sites on one server & the same 2 sites on my old server.

How do I set it up so it's easy to log into one, log out & then log into another? I'm finding it confusing & it deleted one of the names I set up.

What's the Quick Connect all about?

Thanks & I hope everyone is having a great day !

Michelle :)

Shark
12-15-2004, 02:14 AM
I suggest adding them to the Site Manager (F4), and giving them names so you know which is which.

Quick connect is if you don't want it saved into your site manager & just to quickly get on a site, that you don't really need to have stored.

ep2002
12-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Thanks for that, but how do I do the following:

1. When I open the program, I want it to automatically start at the folder where I do my most work. That's on the local folder side.

2. Same thing on my server side, where I may have 2 domain names on one server. I'd like to create 2 different names so they go directly to that domain name for the associated name.

Michelle

Originally posted by Shark
I suggest adding them to the Site Manager (F4), and giving them names so you know which is which.

Quick connect is if you don't want it saved into your site manager & just to quickly get on a site, that you don't really need to have stored.

ep2002
12-17-2004, 11:41 PM
Also, can I set how long b4 it times out?

Thanks

Michelle

DYN_DaTa
12-18-2004, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by ep2002
Thanks for that, but how do I do the following:

1. When I open the program, I want it to automatically start at the folder where I do my most work. That's on the local folder side.

Go to Options/Preferences/General Tab and fill the 'Default Download Path' text box.

ep2002
12-18-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks for that :) & no one knows the answer to question #2 & the timeout issue?

Have a great Sat. :)

Michelle

Shark
12-19-2004, 06:32 AM
Pref's -> General -> Anti-Idle (Down the bottom)..

You cannot actually set the time out, it is server dependent... IE up to the admin.

However, sometimes the above Anti-Idle will give you a little more time.

ep2002
12-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Thanks, I set it to 500 seconds.

What about my question #2?

2. Same thing on my server side, where I may have 2 domain names on one server. I'd like to create 2 different names so they go directly to that domain name for the associated name.

How do I make it so when I log in, it goes directly to the domain name I want it to go to, not just the root folder.

Thanks

Michelle

MxxCon
12-19-2004, 10:26 PM
in site manager, "remote path" is where you enter dir to which you want ffxp go to after login

ep2002
01-07-2005, 02:50 AM
Sorry for the delay & thanks a ton :)

Michelle