PDA

View Full Version : Uploading to FTP SLOW! Only 90 KB/s?

J8son
08-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi,

I'm uploading about twenty video files to an FTP site I was given. Currently, I'm only transferring at a rate of 90 KB/s, which projects the finished upload time at around 6-8 hours.

There must be some way to improve this upload speed (I'm on an RR cable connection). Also, is there a way to increase the speed without interrupting the current Queue?

Thanks! ;)

MxxCon
08-04-2010, 02:11 PM
what is the fastest you can upload?
what is the connectivity of the site you upload to? can it accept data faster?

J8son
08-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Well, it's hard to say about the site I'm uploading to.

However, in uTorrent for example, my optimum upload speed is tested at 72 KB/s. However, I can remove that preverence and let it upload faster and it will atleast double.

Is there settings in FlashFXP that need to opitmized to get the upload speed...well...up?

Thanks

MxxCon
08-04-2010, 11:27 PM
go to http://speedtest.net/ run a test and see what you get
also go to http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks and make sure your connection is not misconfigured

once you are sure that your system is up to par, you can try changing FlashFXP's upload buffer size. After each change restart FlashFXP and bigger doesn't always means better, sometimes smaller buffer is better.

ikkuranus
08-17-2010, 09:36 AM
i have time warner and from a user standpoint they have crappy upstream bandwith no matter which package you get
any time you upload a file to a computer that is further then a state or 2 away and it goes way slower then what your paying for maybe if they would stop wasting all this money and effort boosting our download speeds every year and put a little more effort to make the upload better.
a little effort wouldn't be much by there standards considering the upload hasn't budged 1 kilobit since i established service with them back in 2001.
though enough of my ranting flashfxp rocks been a customer since 2004 and i'm extremely happy that sftp support is being including in v4